You are here
Lee County Community Hospital
Updated hospital visitation restrictions
Ballad Health is currently allowing 2 visitors for each patient.
Please note that this only applies to inpatient hospital units and surgery. Outpatient services will continue to allow 1 visitor for each patient.
Inpatient support persons – or visitors – will only be allowed on site from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. However, one visitor may remain with the patient overnight, and this visitor must be in the facility prior to 8 p.m. Visitors who remain with the patient after 8 p.m. will stay in the patient room. If the visitor remaining with the patient after 8 p.m. leaves the facility at any point during the night, they will not be permitted for re-entry until 8 a.m.
Exceptions may be made in labor and delivery, emergency departments where one guest is permitted at all times, and during extenuating circumstances or in the case of end-of-life care. As previously stated, this provision only includes:
- Inpatient hospital units
Screenings and face mask requirements
Each visitor will be screened for potential signs of illness and required to wear a cloth face covering, which they need to provide for themselves.
Due to the increased risk of virus transmission, masks with vents and/or valves are not permitted.
These measures are to help contain coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
Please read more about these visitation restrictions.
Patient-focused emergency services, inpatient care and telemedicine in Pennington Gap
Lee County Community Hospital provides comprehensive medical care to all members of the Pennington Gap community.
Our services and resources
Our staff are dedicated to providing the best healthcare possible for our patients.
Emergency services and ER
Lee County Community Hospital is optimized to provide attentive emergency care that includes 10 exam rooms and two observation rooms.
Our emergency department also features helicopter or high-acuity transport to tertiary care centers so we can serve every emergency need in our community.
Diagnostic imaging and testing services
Your Pennington Gap hospital also has an advanced cardiopulmonary suite that performs pulmonary function testing to help measure how your lungs are functioning.
We want to ensure that everyone in our surrounding counties are able to access the care they need, which is why Lee County Community Hospital offers telehealth services for our patients – including pediatric care through the Ballad Health Niswonger Children's Network.
This facility includes a specialized telemedicine room so that our providers can offer easy, accessible healthcare to anyone with a device and internet connection.
Other services available at Lee County Community Hospital
- Inpatient care unit
- Inpatient physical therapy services
- Respiratory therapy services
- Outpatient cardiology
- Rotating clinic or telemedicine access to specialty care consultants
- Mobile health services for preventative screenings
- Care coordination services
- Access to a behavioral health network of services through a coordinated system of care
- Community-based education, prevention and disease management services for prioritized programs of emphasis
Pennington Gap urgent care
Please note that the Pennington Gap urgent care clinic is now closed. For non-emergency illnesses, injuries or conditions, you can schedule an appointment at our Pennington Gap Family and Internal Medicine Clinic or visit our urgent care clinic in Norton, Virginia.
- Lindy White – President of Ballad Health's northwest market
- Shannon Showalter – Vice president & chief executive officer for Wise, Lee and Dickenson Counties
- Robert "Mitch" Kennedy, RN, BSN, MBA – Assistant vice president & administrator
- Stephen Sawyer – Assistant vice president, assistant administrator & chief financial officer
- Dr. Herb Ladley – Chief medical officer for Wise, Lee and Dickenson Counties
- Valeri Colyer – Director of human resources
- Andrew Wampler – Vice president, operational excellence; chief financial officer of Ballad Health's northwest market
CMS price transparency
Lee County Community Hospital chargemaster standard charges [CSV file, 142KB]