Urgent care near you – no appointment needed
For a minor illness or injury, there's no need to wait in an emergency room and get charged a higher fee. The Ballad Health Urgent Care team is here to provide fast, high-quality care for non-life-threatening injuries and illnesses for adults and children in Wise County.
We accept walk-ins and are open seven days a week with extended hours.
Norton urgent care walk-in hours
- Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday, 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
See our urgent care holiday hours below.
Our Norton urgent care clinic is located in the Norton Commons shopping center near Walmart.
About your local urgent care clinic
Our Norton urgent care clinic offers you and your family the care that you need without the long wait times or stress of going to the hospital.
- Extended weekday and weekend hours – Especially helpful when your primary care doctor can't squeeze you in or isn't available after hours
- Walk-in clinic convenience – Come right in, and we'll get you the care you need
- No costly ER fees – Urgent care copayment amounts are typically less than ER copays
- Onsite testing – We have onsite testing for flu, RSV, COVID-19, strep, and pregnancy
- Hassle-free online scheduling – No need to call for an appointment
- Sports physicals and school physicals – We charge a flat fee of $50
- Onsite imaging – We have onsite X-ray services
Walk-in conditions we treat
We're here for you when you need medical help for all non-emergency issues, such as:
- Cold, flu, and COVID-19 symptoms, including fever, chills, cough, headache and sore throat
- Sinus infections and strep throat
- Sprains and minor bone fractures
- Ear and eye infections
- Small cuts, minor burns or skin rashes
- Urinary tract, pelvic and other minor infections
- Animal or insect bites
- Upper respiratory infections
For more information about urgent care services and treatments, visit our Ballad Health Urgent Care information page.
You can get a COVID-19 test at this location.
Learn more about COVID-19 testing.
Try online urgent care instead
You can skip leaving home to visit an urgent care clinic and try one of Ballad Health's telehealth options instead. The Virtual Urgent Care Clinic is a fast, convenient alternative to an in-person visit.
Book a Virtual Urgent Care Visit
We also offer Online Quick Care services for certain conditions – simply fill out a short questionnaire and hear back from a provider within an hour.
Try Online Quick Care
When it’s an emergency
Don't take any chances – in case of an emergency, call 911 immediately or go straight to the nearest ER.
Ballad Health emergency rooms are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for life-threatening emergencies, traumas and major medical conditions.
Symptoms such as chest pain, difficulty breathing, uncontrollable bleeding, loss of consciousness, sudden changes in vision, and coughing or vomiting blood – to name a few important ones – are signs that you need to get to an ER.
View our Emergency Room wait times.
Norton urgent care holiday hours
- New Year's Eve – 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- New Year's Day – Regular hours
- Memorial Day – 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Independence Day – 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Labor Day – 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Thanksgiving Day – Office is closed
- Christmas Eve – 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Christmas Day – Office is closed