Heart & Vascular Conditions
Stay close to home for nationally recognized, award-winning care.
When it comes to cardiovascular care, you want a specialist with expertise and experience – someone involved in the most advanced research, who practices the latest innovative techniques and treatments.
Ballad Health's cardiovascular specialists bring all that and more to our region, which means our patients have access to groundbreaking treatment options that are not available at other hospitals or health systems.
Our extensive network of highly trained cardiologists, surgeons and advanced practice providers work to ensure you or a loved one has access to every service you need to get well and stay healthy, whether that means state of the art preventative care; testing and treatment for cardiovascular conditions; or heart, lung and vascular surgery.
Conditions We Treat
- Acute coronary syndrome
- Aneurysms of the aorta and other vessels
- Aortic valve disorders
- Atrial fibrillation and flutter
- Atrial septal defect/patent foramen ovale
- Cardiogenic shock
- Carotid artery disease
- Chest pain
- Congestive heart failure
- Congenital heart defects in adults
- Coronary artery disease
- Heart attack
- Heart health and disease prevention
- Heart arrhythmias (rhythm disorders)
- Lung tumors
- Lipid disorders
- Mitral valve disorders
- Mesenteric and renal artery stenosis
- Pericardial disease
- Peripheral vascular disease
- Pulmonary embolism/deep vein thrombosis
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Thoracic aortic aneurysms
- Valvular heart disease
- Venous thrombosis
What to expect
Cardiovascular services and treatments
With our commitment to patient-centered care, Ballad Health provides expert evaluations and comprehensive treatments for virtually all heart and vascular conditions, as well as effective disease prevention and optimal long-term disease management.
- Heart health and prevention services that help you keep your heart in good shape
- Coronary artery disease detection and treatment
- Diagnosis and treatment of congestive heart failure
- Advanced treatment and management with your heart's electrical system (electrophysiology)
- World-renowned carotid artery stenting and other interventional peripheral vascular disease management/intervention
- Interventional cardiology with catheter-based treatment of coronary and valvular heart disease, including coronary stenting, transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) and MitraClip™
- Level one heart attack network to improve access to rapid treatment throughout the region
- Advanced heart surgery, vascular surgery and cardiothoracic/thoracic surgery, including minimally invasive surgery, catheter-based options and technologically advanced robotic-assisted surgery
- Lipid clinic to help you manage high cholesterol
- Intensive and traditional cardiac rehabilitation to restore your health after surgery or a major heart condition
CVA Heart Institute
With over a dozen office locations throughout the Appalachian Highlands, the Ballad Health CVA Heart Institute connects patients to an extensive network of cardiologists, surgeons and cardiovascular specialists.
Ballad Health CVA Heart Institute utilizes the latest innovative techniques and state-of-the-art technology to provide groundbreaking treatment options that you won't find at other health systems.
Our nationally-recognized clinics collaborate closely with our hospitals to ensure that every patient gets the best care possible.
Advanced robotic-assisted surgery
Ballad Health surgeons also offer robotic-assisted surgery for many minimally invasive cardiovascular procedures.
Robotic-assisted surgery offers several benefits for patients, such as better-quality outcomes, less surgical pain and shorter hospital stays.
Learn more about robotic-assisted surgery.
Cardiovascular research and clinical trials
Ballad Health participates in cutting edge research to help bring advanced treatment options to our region. You may qualify for clinical trial participation in one of our facilities. Ask your doctor if you are eligible for any current studies or clinical trials.
Learn more about clinical trials at Ballad Health.