When you need help to recover strength and movement after an illness or injury, rely on the experienced physical therapy team at Ballad Health to improve your quality of life.
Team up with friendly physical therapists at locations near you throughout East Tennessee and Southwest Virginia. You’ll get care you need to reach your potential.
Conditions we treat
Depend on a Ballad Health physical therapist (PT) to evaluate your condition and work with you to develop a treatment plan that fits your needs. Our goal is to help you reach your best possible outcome.
Some of the conditions our PTs treat include:
- Back and neck pain
- Balance problems
- Heart problems
- Limb loss
- Neurological conditions, such as brain or spinal cord injury, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis and stroke
- Orthopedic and sports injuries, including sprains, strains, fractures and joint pain
How physical therapy helps
The trained PTs at Ballad Health understand how the body works. They use that knowledge to help you heal and improve your symptoms. Your doctor may tell you to get physical therapy for an injury or condition that causes pain or makes it hard to do everyday activities. After surgery, physical therapy can get you back on your feet more quickly.
Physical therapy services & treatments
Choose a Ballad Health physical therapy location close to where you live or work for a full range of services, including:
- Aquatic therapy – Exercises muscles in a warm-water pool
- Electrical stimulation therapy – Gently treats muscle spasms and pain
- Heat and cold therapy – Relieves pain
- Manual therapy – Decreases pain using a therapist’s hands
- Prosthetic/orthotic training – Teaches how to use support devices and artificial body parts
- Ultrasound – Relaxes muscles to reduce pain
- Sports medicine – Keeps athletes healthy and performing at their best
- Therapeutic exercise – Improves strength, movement and flexibility, and makes your heart and blood vessels healthier
- Traction therapy – Stretches the spine to ease pressure on nerves
Physical therapy near you
Get physical therapy from Ballad Health at the location that best meets your needs. Depending on your condition, you may receive services at an outpatient rehabilitation center, inpatient hospital setting, nursing home or your home.