Cancer & Blood Disorders
You're not alone in your fight against cancer. At Ballad Health, you'll find expert cancer care and a compassionate partner to guide you through your cancer journey while you stay close to home.
Complete cancer services and treatments
You can rely on Ballad Health for a full range of oncology services and treatments.
- Detect cancer early – when treatments can be most effective – with screenings, prevention and risk assessment services
- Treat breast, lung and other types of cancers with surgery, cancer medicines, chemotherapy and radiation therapy
- Access a wide range of cancer support services and resources to help you and your family through your diagnosis, treatment and recovery
Areas of Care
Conditions We Treat
- Bladder cancer
- Bleeding and clotting disorders
- Brain tumors
- Breast cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Gynecological cancers
- Head and neck cancers
- Lung cancer
- Multiple myeloma
- Pancreatic cancer
- Pediatric cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Skin cancer
- Stomach cancer
- Thyroid cancer
What to expect
Experienced oncology team
Your Ballad Health cancer team brings together physicians and other caregivers from many specialties, including oncologists, radiation oncologists, surgeons, pathologists and radiologists.
They combine their knowledge to develop the best treatment plan for you.
Ballad Health offers cancer care guides to assist you during your treatment.
Your dedicated cancer navigator will help you understand your diagnosis and treatment, manage your care and provide emotional support through every step of your journey.
Communication and language assistance services are provided for patients who require them, all free of charge.
Our cancer teams are utilizing leading technology – including robotic-assisted surgery for minimally invasive procedures – to treat certain types of cancers at several Ballad Health locations, including Bristol Regional Medical Center, Franklin Woods Community Hospital and Holston Valley Medical Center.
Ballad Health cancer teams also offer treatments that use:
- TrueBeam STx™ with Brainlab
- Trilogy® linear accelerator
- CyberKnife® system
These stereotactic radiosurgery procedures shorten your treatment time and deliver targeted radiation to tumors with accuracy to reduce contact with healthy tissue.
Robotic-assisted surgery is available for minimally invasive procedures, which offers a faster recovery time, lower rates for surgery complications or infections and minimal surgical pain.
Our board-certified hematologists and blood specialists are here to help you learn how you can manage and treat your blood condition or immune disorder.
- A personalized care plan that will meet your unique needs
- Infusion therapy to deliver medications, blood cells, platelets or other blood products effectively to your bloodstream
- Support and resources for patients and their families to help them navigate clinical procedures and treatments
Recognized, outstanding care
- The Bristol Regional Medical Center, Holston Valley Medical Center, Johnson City Medical Center, Johnston Memorial Hospital and Greeneville Community Hospital cancer care programs are accredited by the Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons.
- Johnson City Medical Center appears in Becker's Hospital Review 2014 edition of "100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs," a list recognizing programs with quality patient care, cancer outcomes and research.
Cancer research and clinical trials
You might qualify for clinical trials being offered at Ballad Health through the National Cancer Institute and East Tennessee State University, along with other major cancer research centers. Ask your doctor if you are eligible for current research studies or clinical trials.Learn more