You are here
You’re not alone in your fight against cancer. At Ballad Health, you’ll find expert cancer care and a compassionate partner to guide you through your cancer journey while you stay close to home.
Recognized, outstanding cancer care
Trust our promise to provide complete, high-quality care.
- The Bristol Regional Medical Center, Holston Valley Medical Center, Johnson City Medical Center, Johnston Memorial Hospital and Greeneville Community Hospital East cancer care programs are accredited by the Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons.
- Johnson City Medical Center appears in Becker’s Hospital Review 2014 edition of “100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs,” a list recognizing programs with quality patient care, cancer outcomes and research.
- The Comprehensive Breast Center in Kingsport and the Leonard Family Comprehensive Breast Center in Bristol are certified by the American College of Surgeons’ National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers.
Experienced cancer care team
Your Ballad Health cancer care team brings together physicians and other caregivers from many specialties, including oncologists, radiation oncologists, surgeons, pathologists and radiologists.
They combine their knowledge to come up with the best treatment for you. Your Triumph cancer navigator will help you coordinate care and cope with your cancer treatment.
Cancers we treat
Choose Ballad Health’s cancer team in East Tennessee and Southwest Virginia to treat almost every kind of cancer, including the most common types:
- Bladder cancer
- Blood disorders involving cancer such as leukemia, lymphoma and multiple myeloma
- Brain tumors
- Breast cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Gynecological cancers such as cervical, ovarian and uterine
- Head and neck cancers such as mouth, tongue and throat
- Lung cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Skin cancer
- Stomach cancer
- Thyroid cancer
Learn about pediatric cancer care at Niswonger Children’s Hospital.
Complete cancer services & treatments
Rely on Ballad Health for a full range of cancer services and treatments to:
- Detect cancer early – when treatment can be most effective – with screening, prevention and risk assessment services.
- Treat breast, lung and other types of cancers with surgery, cancer medicines, immunotherapy and hormone therapy and radiation therapy.
- Access a wide range of cancer support services and resources to help you and your family through your diagnosis, treatment and recovery.
Take advantage of the advanced technology your cancer care team uses – TrueBeam™ STx with Brainlab, Trilogy® linear accelerator and the CyberKnife® system – to treat certain types of cancers at some Ballad Health locations.
These stereotactic radiosurgery procedures shorten your treatment time and deliver targeted radiation to tumors with accuracy to reduce contact with healthy tissue.
Cancer care close to home
Find experienced cancer specialists, treatment and support at a Ballad Health cancer center near you:
- Bristol Regional Medical Center – Bristol, Tenn.
- Greeneville Community Hospital East – Greeneville, Tenn.
- Holston Valley Medical Center – Kingsport, Tenn.
- Indian Path Hospital – Kingsport, Tenn.
- Johnson City Medical Center – Johnson City, Tenn.
- Johnston Memorial Hospital – Abingdon, Va.
- Russell County Medical Center – Lebanon, Va.
- Smyth County Community Hospital – Marion, Va.
- Southwest Virginia Cancer Center – Norton, Va.
You might qualify for clinical trials offered at Ballad Health through the National Cancer Institute and East Tennessee State University, along with other major cancer research centers. Ask your cancer care team if you are eligible for current research studies or clinical trials.
Cancer care quality
Or download a PDF of the Ballad Health Cancer Care 2019 Annual Report [PDF, 1.2MB].
Find a Specialist
View Ballad Health’s network of doctors and search by name, specialty, condition, gender and location. Or call 833-8-BALLAD for help finding a provider who offers the specific care you need.
Your Cancer Guides
Work with a dedicated breast or lung cancer navigator who will help you understand your diagnosis and treatment, manage your care and provide emotional support through every step of your journey.
Lung Cancer Screening
Detect Lung Cancer Early
Choose Ballad Health for a lung cancer screening because early detection gives you the best chance of successful treatment and survival.
Cancer Care Locations
Abingdon, VA 24211
Bristol, VA 24201
Johnson City, TN 37601
Kingsport, TN 37660
Lebanon, VA 24266
Marion, VA 24354
Norton, VA 24273
Bristol, TN 37620
Greeneville, TN 37745
Bristol, TN 37620