Holston Valley Medical Center has partnered with and served Kingsport, TN, and the surrounding region for more than 80 years. Every day, physicians, nurses, team members and volunteers work together providing exceptional healthcare to the patients and families we serve.
Fast facts about Holston Valley
Holston Valley features:
- More than 450 board-certified or board-eligible physicians
- More than 2,000 talented nurses, technicians and support staff members
- Largest pet therapy program in Tennessee
High quality, nationally recognized care
Holston Valley continues to be recognized among the best hospitals, most recently being named among the Best Regional Hospitals by U.S. News & World Report in 2022-23.
Holston Valley was the first site in Tennessee to offer transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) surgery for patients who are at higher risk for open-heart surgery.
Along with the U.S.News recognition, Holston Valley holds many accolades and recognitions, including:
- Top 100 Hospital in the Nation for Interventional Carotid Care from CareChex (2023)
- Top 100 Hospital in the Nation for Gall Bladder Removal from CareChex (2023)
- High-Performing Hospitals for Stroke and Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement from U.S. News & World Report (2022-23)
Learn more about other Holston Valley and Ballad Health awards and recognitions.
Services we offer
A full range of specialty and subspecialty care services and some of the most advanced diagnostic and surgical techniques are available at Holston Valley, including:
Holston Valley Medical Center offers robotic-assisted surgery with the da Vinci® and Mako SmartRobotics™ robotic systems. These less invasive surgical systems significantly reduce the recovery time and pain for patients.
Learn more about robotic-assisted surgery.
Medical care and community impact reports
Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA)
Holston Valley Medical Center CHNA [PDF]
CMS price transparency
Holston Valley Medical Center Standard Charges [CSV file, 51 MB]
Standard Charges file last updated June 9, 2023.
You can learn more about pre-visit coordination and registration here and about payment options here.
Metrics by MS-DRG*
Holston Valley MS-DRG metrics [PDF, 342KB], fiscal year 2023
View more Ballad Health MS-DRG metrics here.
*MS-DRGs are Medicare Severity Diagnosis Related Groups.
Holston Valley leadership
- Rebecca Beck, Chief Executive Officer
- Chad Couch, MD, President, Northern Region
- Robert "Mitch" Kennedy, Chief Operating Officer
- Dr. Elizabeth Jackson, Chief Medical Officer
- Adnan Brka, Chief Nursing Officer
- Laken Fritz, Chief Financial Officer