You are here
Get the benefits of medical treatment without interrupting your daily life. You can receive the infusion therapy you need from the compassionate providers at Ballad Health while you stay close to home in Northeast Tennessee, Southwest Virginia and western North Carolina.
What Is Infusion Therapy?
Intravenous (IV) infusion therapy lets your health care provider deliver medicines or nutrition directly into a vein. Infusion therapy can be a good way to treat your health condition, especially if it’s hard for you to swallow pills.
Where Can I Receive Infusion Therapy?
Whether you need short-term or longterm infusion therapy, the specialists at Ballad Health can supply the medicines and services you need in a comfortable setting.
You might be able to stay in your home and get the medication you need through home infusion services provided by Ballad Health home health care. Receiving treatment at home sometimes helps you avoid being admitted to the hospital or lets you come home earlier after a hospital stay. Explore Ballad Health’s home health care services or visit our online health library to learn more about home infusion therapy.
Infusion Therapy Clinics
Take advantage of outpatient medical infusion therapy. You’ll visit a Ballad Health infusion facility near you to get treatment without being admitted to a hospital.
Enjoy high-quality care in a spa-like setting at the Bristol Regional Medical Center’s Jackie Leonard Infusion Center in Bristol, Tennessee. Amenities include:
- A brightly lit, healing environment
- Large treatment areas with space and privacy
- TVs for you, family and friends to watch during treatment
- A healing garden
- A large library with educational materials and computers
Infusion Therapy at Ballad Health Hospitals
When you’re at a Ballad Health hospital, ask your doctor about getting infusion services.
Conditions We Treat
Infusion therapy can help treat many conditions, such as:
- Blood disorders
- Cancer and pain caused by cancer or its treatment
- Diseases or disorders that affect the digestive system, like Crohn’s disease
- Hyperemesis gravidarum – Severe nausea and vomiting during pregnancy
- Illnesses or infections that have not responded to oral antibiotics
- Immune system deficiencies
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Ulcerative colitis
IV and IVIG Therapies
You can count on the expert providers at Ballad Health for exceptional care, whether you get intravenous (IV) or intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIG) treatment at home or at a Ballad Health location.
Your doctor might recommend one of these infusion therapies:
- Patient-controlled analgesia (PCA) to treat pain during palliative care
- Antiemetic – A drug, such as Zofran®, to help prevent vomiting or nausea
- Anti-inflammatory – A drug, such as Solu-Medrol™, to help treat pain
- Total parenteral nutrition (TPA)
- Enteral nutrition – Tube feeding
- Immunoglobulin (Ig) – Helps treat infections
Find a Specialist
View Ballad Health’s network of doctors and search by name, specialty, condition, gender and location. Or call 833-8-BALLAD for help finding a provider who offers the specific care you need.
Infusion Services Locations
Kingsport, TN 37660
Bristol, TN 37620
Bristol, VA 24201
Johnson City, TN 37604