Imaging & Radiology
When your doctor needs more information about your body to make a diagnosis or treat a medical problem, you can schedule diagnostic testing at a Ballad Health imaging center, clinic or hospital.
You’ll work with caring technologists who are available to answer your questions and help you feel comfortable about your procedure.
Appointments are available the same day your doctor orders them, so you’ll always get timely care at a convenient location.
Accredited, high-quality imaging
All our Ballad Health imaging centers are accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR).
This means that all Ballad Health patients benefit from:
- Best practices to ensure that tests are performed the right way with the lowest dose of radiation possible
- Accurate results
- Highly qualified imaging staff
- Advanced technology
Areas of Care
What to expect
Diagnostic imaging services and treatments
At Ballad Health, you can find any test or scan you need, including:
- Bone density test (DEXA scan)– Can detect osteoporosis (brittle, fragile bones) before you break a bone
- CT Scan, CAT scan (computed tomography) – Can confirm the presence of tumors and diagnose vascular disorders that can lead to stroke, heart attack or kidney failure
- Echocardiogram (TTE) – Can help your doctor determine if you are living with heart disease or the effects of long-term high blood pressure
- Interventional radiology – Allows doctors to diagnose and treat diseases with guidance from images
- Mammogram (3D digital mammography) – Allows doctors to detect breast cancer in its earliest stages
- MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) – Widely used to detect and diagnose a variety of conditions, including sports-related injuries, heart disease and tumors
- PET, SPECT and Nuclear Medicine – Can detect cancer, heart disease and brain disorders while also helping manage diseases such as epilepsy and stroke
- Ultrasound – A noninvasive, inexpensive test that allows your doctor to examine the body for a variety of reasons, including breast screenings, pregnancy exams, guided procedures and more
- X-ray and fluoroscopy – Used to diagnose a variety of conditions, such as broken bones, tumors or gastrointestinal tract (GI) disorders
Specialized outpatient diagnostic tests
Some of our diagnostic imaging tests are designed for certain areas of the body to identify specific diseases or conditions.
- Breast imaging – Uses imaging services to assist your doctor in detecting and fighting breast cancer early
- Lung cancer screening – Utilizes low-dose CT technology to recognize signs of lung cancer in its more treatable stages
- Lung nodules (lesions) – Uses advanced detection technology to catch lung cancer and lung disease quickly, even before symptoms are evident
Scanning safely with low-dose technology
Your Ballad Health diagnostic imaging team will recommend only the most helpful imaging tests and will always use the lowest amount of radiation to produce the best possible images.
Our teams have access to effective, up-to-date technology that let us significantly reduce radiation doses, especially for children.
Fast, easy access to your results
At the end of the day, we want you to receive the care you need quickly and efficiently.
Most Ballad Health diagnostic locations use digital imaging technology that helps you get your test results quicker than traditional film images.
Our staff can store digital images more easily and securely, and your doctor can see them at any time – from any location.
Ready to schedule your examination?
Do you need to schedule diagnostic testing?
All of our Ballad Health imaging centers, clinics and hospitals are listed below – find the location that’s most convenient for you.