You are here
Behavioral Health (Mental Health)
Behavioral health or mental health – how you think, feel and act – matters as much as your physical health.
Just as your body needs medical care, your loved ones of all ages can feel better with behavioral health services that improve moods and relationships.
Turn to Ballad Health for tools you can use to enjoy a more satisfying, productive life.
Mental health conditions we treat
You and your family members may benefit from behavioral health care for any condition that affects mood, thinking and behavior:
- Addiction to gambling, sex, shopping, working or other activities
- Alcohol or drug abuse
- Eating disorders, including anorexia and bulimia
- Anxiety – Feeling nervous often or worrying a lot
- Bipolar disorder – Wild mood swings and dramatic changes in energy level
- Depression – Feeling sad, hopeless or worthless
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder – Doing or thinking the same unwanted things over and over
- Post-traumatic stress disorder – Flashbacks, nightmares and anxiety after abuse or frightening events
- Relationship issues – Problems between family members or within couples
- Schizophrenia – Seeing, hearing or believing things that aren’t real
- Suicidal thoughts or self-harm
Mental health services & treatments
You and your family get access to mental health services such as:
- Inpatient behavioral health care – to help keep someone safe during a behavioral health crisis. Inpatient behavioral health services are available for anyone age 6 and older.
- Intensive outpatient program – therapy for mental illnesses or substance abuse three times a week for up to two months
- Outpatient behavioral health care – individual, family and group counseling services for a wide variety of mental health and emotional issues
- Recovery-based addiction treatment – in cooperation with experts at East Tennessee State University
- Referrals – to a wide range of outpatient services
Accredited psychiatric hospital
When you need inpatient care, choose Woodridge Hospital – a facility accredited by The Joint Commission and the only dedicated inpatient mental health hospital in our East Tennessee and Southwest Virginia region.
Find a Specialist
View Ballad Health’s network of doctors and search by name, specialty, condition, gender and location. Or call 833-8-BALLAD for help finding a provider who offers the specific care you need.
Seek Help Now
Call the Respond Crisis Hotline at 800-366-1132 if you or someone else needs behavioral health care right away.
Behavioral Health (Mental Health) Locations
1 Medical Park Blvd.
Bristol, TN 37620
Johnson City, TN 37601
Kingsport, TN 37660
Greeneville, TN 37743
Lebanon, VA 24266
Clintwood, VA 24228
Elizabethton, TN 37643
Johnson City, TN 37615
Bristol, VA 24201
Clintwood, VA 24228
Mountain City, TN 37683
Sneedville, TN 37869
Johnson City, TN 37604