You are here
Family Medicine Residency Salary & Benefits – Big Stone
Lonesome Pine Hospital
The Ballad Health family medicine residency program in Big Stone Gap, VA, offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Family medicine residents are given time to participate in educational conferences in addition to vacation days. They also receive an educational allowance based on their program year.
Total salary & benefits for residents
- PGY1 – $50,055.37
- PGY2 – $51,568.52
- PGY3 – $53,247.17
If employment contract is less than 12 months, salary and paid time off (PTO) are prorated for the length of the contract.
Time off / vacation
- Residents are allotted 20 total leave days, per contract year.
*PGY3 funds are reserved to register for board exams.
- Life insurance
- Comprehensive health insurance plan*, including prescription card
- Health Savings Account (optional)
- Dental and Vision plans (optional)
- Voluntary benefits include: critical illness and accident, voluntary disability insurance, whole life legal insurance; auto and home insurance; identity theft; pet insurance; purchasing power, personal and family legal coverage.
- Employee Assistance Program: counseling and psychological support - 6 free counseling sessions per year
- Fitness Centers discount
- Retirement plans
- Professional Residency Program liability insurance
- Meal plan
- One comlimentary lab coat, including dry cleaning
- Medical library privileges
- Residency training license fees
- Board exam fees are reimbursed (COMPLEX III or USMLE 3 must be taken while under current contract; paid once by the program)
- ACP dues paid by program
- ABIM or AOBIM (at Program's discretion) registration fee reimbursed (once).
*Health insurance can only be declined if a resident provides evidence of separate coverage comparable to Ballad Health. Residents must keep a health insurance policy in force for the duration of training.
Read more about the family medicine residency program here.