You are here
Job shadowing at Ballad Health
Ballad Health offers limited observation – also known as job shadowing – opportunities. Observation in these areas is limited to a maximum of 24 hours or less, depending on availability.
(Note: If you are interested in serving more than 24 hours, you will need to complete the volunteer application.)
Volunteering allows for more patient and team member interaction and hands-on assisting. It offers a better learning experience for students and also ensures team members receive the assistance they need.
What days and times is observation available?
Observation days and times vary according to availability and desired observation area.
How do I apply?
To observe radiography, physical therapy, occupational therapy
If you are interested in applying for observation in radiography, or physical or occupational therapy, please complete and submit an observation application here.
If you know someone who has agreed to allow you to observe them in an area other than those listed above, please follow the special request instructions on the application.
To observe a doctor, PA or NP
DO NOT complete the observation application above if you wish to observe a physician, nurse practitioner or physician assistant.
Instead, contact the person listed below at the facility where you would like to observe.
- Indian Path Medical Center – Lisa Williams, (423) 857-7106
- Sycamore Shoals Hospital – Lisa Hayes, (423) 542-1394
- Franklin Woods Community Hospital, Johnson City Medical Center, Niswonger Children’s Hospital, Woodridge Hospital – Rhonda Gourley, (423) 302-1253
- Johnston Memorial Hospital – Danielle Starnes, (276) 258-4581
- Norton Community Hospital – Misty Myers, (276) 439-1017
- Russell County Medical Center – Susan Hilton, (276) 883-8190
- Smyth County Community Hospital – Lyndsey Hayden, (276) 378-1206