You are here
WorkSTEPS Functional Testing
Ballad Health Rehabilitation provides comprehensive functional employment testing.
The WorkSTEPS protocol used at Ballad Health Rehabilitation is ADA / EEOC-compliant and provides a selective hiring process that:
- Is based on objective measures
- Is reliable and defensible
- Matches safe and physically qualified individuals to their jobs
- Prevents injuries and associated costs
- Measures the extent of pre-existing conditions
- Disqualifies 7–12% of applicants based on essential function fail rate
- Reduces turnover
- Provides ergonomic education
- Virtually eliminates fraudulent claims
- Provides a pass/fail score on every test
Job Site Analysis
A functional job analysis is developed for each job based on observation of the task performed and employee feedback. Risk factors such as repetition, force and awkward posture are evaluated for each task.
The job analysis can be used for:
- Determining essential job functions
- Hiring decisions
- Rate-of-pay decisions
- Development of light-duty positions
- Facilitating a successful return to work
- Post-offer evaluation and screening
- Fit-for-Duty (return to work) evaluation
- Agility test for current employees
- Back School (back injury prevention education)
- Job site analysis
- Job site revision
- Ergonomic evaluation
- Stretching program (cost determined by service)
Functional Capacity Exams
A functional capacity evaluation (FCE) evaluates an individual’s capacity to perform work activities related to his or her participation in employment.
The FCE process compares the individual’s health status, body functions and structures to the demands of the job and the work environment.
In essence, an FCE’s primary purpose is to evaluate a person’s ability to participate in work and assist in determining impairment rating, although other instrumental activities of daily living that support work performance may also be evaluated.
Who can benefit from an FCE?
- Someone who has been injured on the job to determine his or her ability to return to the job or alternate work
- Someone seeking to return to work or volunteer activities after an injury or illness
- Personal injury in a catastrophic accident for whom an FCE can determine performance related to returning to former employment or a new position
415 N. State of Franklin Road
Johnson City, TN
2204 Pavilion Drive, Ste. 115
800 S. Mohawk Drive, Ste. D
445 Porterfield Highway, Ste. F/G
1442 Park Ave., NW
One Health Way
111 S. Flannagan Ave.