You are here
With pulmonary rehabilitation, you can improve your quality of life, increase your endurance and reduce breathing problems with an individualized treatment plan created to fit your needs. Your Ballad Health respiratory care team members will help you establish support systems and you can bring your friends.
Team up with friendly pulmonary rehabilitation therapists at locations near you throughout East Tennessee and Southwest Virginia. You’ll get care you need to reach your potential.
Who Needs Pulmonary Rehabilitation?
Upon physician referral, pulmonologists and respiratory care team members provide individualized pulmonary rehabilitation treatment plans for patients who have:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Restrictive lung disease
- Had a lung transplant
- Obstructive chronic bronchitis
- Post inflammatory pulmonary fibrosis
- Interstitial lung disease
Individualized Treatment Plans
Each individualized treatment plan is customized to improve quality of life, increase endurance and reduce breathing problems. Measureable patient-specific realistic goals are incorporated into this treatment plan.
Pulmonary rehabilitation treatment plans include:
- Disease education
- Individualized exercise program
- Breathing retraining
- Coping strategies
- Help establishing a support system
- Guidance with healthy lifestyle strategies such as smoking cessation, nutrition and stress management
Programs & Fully Equipped Facilities
The outpatient pulmonary rehabilitation program consists of:
- 36-session program, which includes education and exercise one to three times a week or as prescribed by the physician
The pulmonary rehabilitation facilities are fully equipped with:
- Exercise equipment appropriate for all levels of conditioning
- A monitoring system that watches each patient’s telemetry during exercise
- Equipment to meet emergency needs
Specialized Care Teams
All of our programs have a medical director specially trained to diagnose and treat diseases of the lung. A supervising physician is available to direct and deal with emergency issues if they arise.
And you’ll find our pulmonary rehabilitation interdisciplinary team members are highly trained to assist and treat patients with respiratory diseases.
Pulmonary Rehabilitation Locations
Kingsport, TN 37660
Johnson City, TN 37604
Abingdon, VA 24211
Norton, VA 24273
Marion, VA 24354
Bristol, TN 37620