You are here
Choose inpatient rehabilitation at Ballad Health for round-the-clock care of a family member who had a serious injury or major surgery. Your loved one works with a kind, well-rounded team for up to 15 weekly hours of therapy to help him or her live more independently.
Conditions We Treat
You or your loved one may benefit from inpatient rehabilitation after:
- Brain or nervous system problems
- Orthopedic injury or surgery, such as a hip fracture or joint replacement
- Spinal cord injury
- Traumatic brain injury
How Inpatient Rehabilitation Helps
Inpatient rehabilitation can help your family member learn self-care skills. In addition to physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy, you’ll find:
- Case management and social work – Helps your family get all the care that’s needed
- Neuropsychology services – Explain how changes in the brain affect the way a person acts and feels
- Nutrition counseling – Teaches foods to eat and avoid to get healthy and stay well
- Orthotics and prosthetics – Provide braces, support devices and artificial body parts
- Pastoral care – Offers comfort and guidance from a religious or spiritual view
- Recreation therapy – Uses fun activities to build everyday skills
- Respiratory therapy – Helps the lungs work better
- Vocational rehabilitation – Teaches how to safely get back to work after an injury
When a doctor says your loved one can safely leave the hospital, we’ll explain how to make your home a safer place for recovery. The care team also will work with you to prepare your family member to rejoin his or her community.
When a longer period of inpatient rehabilitation care is needed, you can trust Quillen Rehabilitation Hospital and The Rehabilitation Hospital of Southwest Virginia for high-quality care.
They’re a partnership between Ballad Health hospitals and HealthSouth, a provider that does better than the national average in patient results, cost and length of stay.
For helping people like you get good results from rehabilitation, Norton Community Hospital ranks in the top 10 percent of more than 800 inpatient rehabilitation facilities in the nation, according to Uniform Data System for Medical Rehabilitation.
Transitional Care Unit
Your loved one may benefit most from skilled nursing and less-intensive therapy than what inpatient rehabilitation provides. In that case, ask about our transitional care units.
Inpatient Rehabilitation Locations
Norton, VA 24273
Marion, VA 24354