You are here
Holston Valley Medical Center
Holston Valley Medical Center has partnered with and served Kingsport, TN, and the surrounding region for more than 80 years.
Fast facts about Holston Valley
Holston Valley features:
- More than 450 board-certified or board-eligible physicians
- More than 2,000 talented nurses, technicians and support staff members
- One of Tennessee’s six Level I trauma centers, serving the most critically injured patients
- Level III neonatal intensive care unit treating some of the area’s sickest babies
- Largest pet therapy program in Tennessee
High quality, nationally recognized care
Holston Valley continues to be recognized among the nation’s best hospitals, for example being rated:
- No. 1 in the nation in interventional carotid care
- Top 100 in the nation in neurological care
- Top 10% in the nation in orthopedics and women’s health
…as well as recognition by the American Heart Association and American College of Cardiology for consistently providing the highest level of heart attack treatment.
Learn more about the accolades Holston Valley has received for its quality of care.
Holston Valley features the latest health care innovations, including:
- New and expanded neonatal intensive care unit, with several private rooms
- Updated intensive care units and expanded operating suites
- Expanded emergency and radiology departments
- Improved entrance drive for better hospital access
Specialized treatments and services
For years, Holston Valley has been considered one of the top cardiovascular hospitals in the U.S.
Don’t just take our word for it.
Holston Valley was recently named the best hospital nationwide for interventional carotid care, which includes carotid artery stent procedures used to open clogged arteries.
It was also in the top 10 percent of hospitals nationally for medical excellence in cardiac care and heart attack treatment.
Holston Valley was the first site in Tennessee to offer transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) surgery for patients who are at higher risk for open-heart surgery.
Cardiovascular research leadership
Our cardiovascular team has long been a leader in cardiovascular research and training. In 2016, it was among the first in the nation and, initially, the only site in this region to offer the Absorb bioabsorbable medicated stent, a new type of device used to clear blockages in heart arteries.
In fact, Holston Valley was the leading enroller nationwide of patients in the Absorb clinical trial. And one of our own, Dr. Chris Metzger, was twice published in the New England Journal of Medicine for his contributions to that research.
With the Holston Valley cancer team, Holston Valley’s Christine LaGuardia Phillips Cancer Center provides a full range of oncology diagnostic and treatment options, including a Trilogy linear accelerator. Trilogy is an advanced technology that can target tumors with pinpoint accuracy, minimizing damage to healthy tissue.
Other key services
Some of the other services we offer in Kingsport include:
- Accredited breast center
- Level I trauma center and emergency department
- Orthopedics and Every Step Joint Replacement Center
- Weight-loss center and bariatric surgery
- Level III neonatal intensive care unit (NICU)
- Advanced Primary Stroke Center and neuroscience center
- Outpatient services
- Women’s health
- Rehabilitation and outpatient physical therapy
- Comprehensive surgical center
- Regional Center for Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine
- Diabetes Treatment Centers
Dedicated to providing you with superior, compassionate care
Whether you were born here, healed here or both, Holston Valley is a part of your community. Though health care is constantly changing, one thing is certain – you can be confident in the care you receive here.
Along with our hospital, Kingsport urgent care locations and physician practices, we’re providing the quality services you need – close to home.
Medical care and community impact reports
Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA)
Holston Valley Medical Center CHNA [PDF – opens in new window]
CMS price transparency – standard charges
Holston Valley chargemaster spreadsheet [Excel document]
Metrics by MS-DRG*
Holston Valley Medical Center MS-DRG metrics, fiscal 2018 [PDF]
*MS-DRGs are Medicare Severity Diagnosis Related Groups.
Expand a section below to learn more about Holston Valley.