At this location
Holston Valley Medical Center has partnered with and served Kingsport, TN, and the surrounding region for more than 80 years. Every day, physicians, nurses, team members and volunteers work together providing exceptional healthcare to the patients and families we serve.
Fast facts about Holston Valley
Holston Valley features:
- More than 450 board-certified or board-eligible physicians
- More than 2,000 talented nurses, technicians and support staff members
- Largest pet therapy program in Tennessee
High quality, nationally recognized care
Holston Valley continues to be recognized among the nation’s best hospitals, most recently being named a Top 50 Cardiovascular Hospital by IBM Watson Health. This is the fifth time Holston Valley has been received this honor.
Holston Valley was the first site in Tennessee to offer transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) surgery for patients who are at higher risk for open-heart surgery.
Along with the IBM Watson recognition, Holston Valley holds many accolades and recognitions for cardiac care and cardiovascular research, including:
- Gold-level recognition from the American Heart Association for heart attack treatment (2018)
- Platinum-level recognition from the American College of Cardiology for heart attack treatment quality measures (2018)
- Leader in cardiovascular research and training, with annual visits from Harvard fellows who come to learn the techniques offered by Holston Valley’s prominent cardiologists
Services we offer
A full range of specialty and subspecialty care services and some of the most advanced diagnostic and surgical techniques are available at Holston Valley, including:
- 24/7 emergency department
- Accredited comprehensive breast center
- Advanced primary stroke center
- Cardiopulmonary rehabilitation
- Christine LaGuardia cancer center
- Comprehensive weight management center
- Every Step joint replacement center
- Heart and vascular care
- Imaging services
- Inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation
- Intensive care unit
- Surgical services (inpatient and outpatient)
- General surgery
- Robotic surgery
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Trauma care
- Wound care and hyperbarics
Holston Valley Medical Center offers robotic-assisted surgery with the da Vinci® and Mako SmartRobotics™ robotic systems. These less invasive surgical systems significantly reduce the recovery time and pain for patients.
Learn more about robotic-assisted surgery.
Medical care and community impact reports
Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA)
CMS price transparency
Standard Charges file last updated Feb. 23, 2021.
Metrics by MS-DRG*
Holston Valley MS-DRG metrics [PDF, 89KB], fiscal 2019
*MS-DRGs are Medicare Severity Diagnosis Related Groups.
Holston Valley leadership
- Lindy White – President, Northwest Market; CEO Kingsport Market Operations
- Rebecca Beck – Vice President, Chief Operating Officer
- Dr. Elizabeth Jackson – Chief Medical Officer, Northwest Market
- Adnan Brka – Vice President, Chief Nursing Officer
- Laken Fritz – Assistant Vice President, Financial Administration