You are here
Holston Valley Medical Center
Updated hospital visitation restrictions
Ballad Health is currently allowing 1 designated patient-support person – or visitor – for the duration of each patient’s visit or hospital stay. The patient-support person – or visitor – will only be allowed onsite from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Exceptions may be made in labor and delivery, and emergency departments where one guest is permitted at all times, and during extenuating circumstances or in the case of end-of life-care. This provision includes:
- Inpatient hospital units
Screenings and face mask requirements
Each visitor will be screened for potential signs of illness and required to wear a cloth face covering, which they need to provide for themselves.
Due to the increased risk of virus transmission, masks with vents and/or valves are not permitted.
These measures are to help contain coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
Please read more about these visitation restrictions.
Holston Valley Medical Center has partnered with and served Kingsport, TN, and the surrounding region for more than 80 years. Every day, physicians, nurses, team members and volunteers work together providing exceptional healthcare to the patients and families we serve.
Fast facts about Holston Valley
Holston Valley features:
- More than 450 board-certified or board-eligible physicians
- More than 2,000 talented nurses, technicians and support staff members
- Largest pet therapy program in Tennessee
High quality, nationally recognized care
Holston Valley continues to be recognized among the nation’s best hospitals, most recently being named a Top 50 Cardiovascular Hospital by IBM Watson Health. This is the fifth time Holston Valley has been received this honor.
Holston Valley was the first site in Tennessee to offer transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) surgery for patients who are at higher risk for open-heart surgery.
Along with the IBM Watson recognition, Holston Valley holds many accolades and recognitions for cardiac care and cardiovascular research, including:
- Gold-level recognition from the American Heart Association for heart attack treatment (2018)
- Platinum-level recognition from the American College of Cardiology for heart attack treatment quality measures (2018)
- Leader in cardiovascular research and training, with annual visits from Harvard fellows who come to learn the techniques offered by Holston Valley’s prominent cardiologists
Services we offer
A full range of specialty and subspecialty care services and some of the most advanced diagnostic and surgical techniques are available at Holston Valley, including:
- 24/7 emergency department
- Accredited sleep evaluation center
- Accredited comprehensive breast center
- Advanced primary stroke center
- Cardiopulmonary rehabilitation
- Christine LaGuardia cancer center
- Comprehensive weight management center
- Every Step joint replacement center
- Heart and vascular care
- Imaging services
- Inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation
- Intensive care unit
- Surgical services (inpatient and outpatient)
- General surgery
- Robotic surgery
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Trauma care
- Wound care and hyperbarics
Medical care and community impact reports
Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA)
CMS price transparency
Holston Valley chargemaster standard charges [CSV file, 551KB]
Holston Valley average charges by DRG [CSV file, 58KB]
Metrics by MS-DRG*
Holston Valley MS-DRG metrics [PDF, 89KB], fiscal 2019
*MS-DRGs are Medicare Severity Diagnosis Related Groups.
Holston Valley leadership
- Lindy White – President, Northwest Market; CEO Kingsport Market Operations
- Rebecca Beck – Vice President, Chief Operating Officer
- Dr. Herb Ladley – Chief Medical Officer, Northwest Market
- Andrew Wampler – Vice President, Operational Excellence; Chief Financial Officer, Northwest Market
- Theresa Trivette, DNP, RN – Vice President, Chief Nursing Officer