You are here
Power of Health Expo & Power of Play 5K
Saturday, April 28, 2018
Bristol Regional Medical Center
The Power of Health Expo and Power of Play 5K is a partnership of Ballad Health, Bristol Tennessee City Schools and Bristol Virginia Public Schools.
By teaming up, we can focus on the benefits of good health and fitness at all ages.
About the Expo
8 a.m. – noon
A healthier, fuller, better life is in your reach.
At the Power of Health Expo, you’ll have access to:
- Free heart and vascular screenings for the first 50 qualifying callers (must be 45 or older)
- Health and wellness vendors
…all designed to help you make that healthier, fuller, better life happen.
Special guest speaker, Todd Kelly Sr.
We’ll also welcome guest speaker Todd Kelly Sr. to the stage. Kelly’s athletic success at the University of Tennessee led to his drafting by the San Francisco 49ers in 1993 and a Super Bowl Championship ring in 1995.
Following that triumph, he played for the Atlanta Falcons and Cincinatti Bengals before returning to Knoxville to raise his family. Kelly now stays active in church, football and youth empowerment programs.
Register for a screening.
Please call 833-8-BALLAD (833-822-5523) to register for a heart and vascular screening at the expo. Spaces are limited, so schedule your screening in advance.
About the 5K
Exercise keeps you young. Join us for the Power of Play 5K walk and run.
When, how and how much?
Early registration | by Thursday, April 26
- $15 for untimed participants
- $20 for timed participants
- $10 for elementary, middle or high school students
Late registration* | Friday, April 27, until race day
- $20 for untimed participants
- $25 for timed participants
- $15 for elementary, middle or high school students
*See note about race T-shirts below.
Early packet pick-up | Friday, April 27
- 4–6 p.m. – Early packet pick-up will be available at the Bristol Tennessee City Schools administration building at 615 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
Race day | Saturday, April 28
- 7:30 a.m. – Registration and day-of-race packet pick-up
- 9 a.m. – Race start
The Power of Play 5K race starts and ends at Bristol Regional, where the Power of Health Expo will also be taking place that day.
What’s the Power of Play 5K all about?
Proceeds will benefit physical education and physical activity in the Bristol Tennessee City Schools and Bristol Virginia Public Schools.
Come out and run or walk for a good cause.
What’s in it for you?
- Power of Health T-shirt – All runners and walkers who register early are guaranteed a Power of Health Expo and Power of Play 5K shirt.
- Category winner prizes – Prizes will be awarded to race winners in each category.
Get more info, or go ahead and sign up
Prefer a printed form?
Print, complete and mail this form if you'd rather not register online.
Just remember, you have to register by Thursday, April 26, to be guaranteed an event T-shirt.