You are here
Johnson City Medical Center
24Jul9:00am - 12:00pm
24Jul1:00pm - 4:00pm
3Aug9:00am - 5:00pm
Johnson City Medical Center is a 445-bed regional tertiary referral center for the entire service area and one of six Level 1 Trauma Centers in the state of Tennessee. Since 1911, Johnson City Medical Center has been dedicated to helping the people of our region attain their highest possible level of health.
The second hospital built in Tennessee, Johnson City Medical Center is a comprehensive, acute-care teaching hospital affiliated with East Tennessee State University. JCMC is a major medical referral center and home to Wings Air Rescue, the region’s largest fleet of dedicated emergency medical air ambulances with bases in Tennessee, Virginia and Kentucky.
We offer advanced surgical services, including orthopedics, vascular, cardiovascular thoracic and neurosurgery and general surgery, including minimally invasive options. To support these services, we have a 43-bed intensive care unit with specialized care for our cardiac, neurological, medical/surgical and trauma patients. Johnson City Medical Center also offers a leading cancer center, a specialized heart center, and advanced diagnostic imaging services.
A full range of specialty and subspecialty care services and some of the most advanced diagnostic and surgical techniques are available here. We provide private patient rooms and have separate specialized units for newborn, pediatric, medical and surgical intensive care.
Johnson City Medical Center is accredited by The Joint Commission and the American College of Surgeons American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.
Services we offer
A full range of specialty and subspecialty care services and some of the most advanced diagnostic and surgical techniques are available here.
Awards and Accreditations
When it comes to heart care, people trust experience. Johnson City Medical Center has been named one of America’s best heart hospitals, not by just one, but by two ratings organizations.
We are proud to receive all of these honors, but our commitment will always be to provide the best care for every patient.
- Johnson City Medical Center is accredited by The Joint Commission and the American College of Surgeons American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.
- Advanced Certification in Comprehensive Stroke from The Joint Commission. 2018
- Level 1 Trauma Certification
- Re-accredited by The Joint Commission, December 2017
- Chest Pain certification from The Joint Commission, January 2017
- Comprehensive Stroke Center recertification from The Joint Commission, August 2017
- Coronary Artery Bypass Graft recertification from The Joint Commission, June 2017
- Joint Replacement Hip recertification from The Joint Commission, April 2017
- Joint Replacement Knee recertification from The Joint Commission, April 2017
- Perinatal recertification from The Joint Commission, July 2018
Medical care and community impact reports
Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA)
Johnson City Medical Center CHNA [PDF – opens in new window]
CMS price transparency – standard charges
Johnson City Medical Center chargemaster spreadsheet [Excel document]
Metrics by MS-DRG*
Johnson City Medical Center MS-DRG metrics, fiscal 2018 [PDF]
*MS-DRGs are Medicare Severity Diagnosis Related Groups.
Cancer care quality
Expand a section below to learn more about Johnson City Medical Center and our community.
If you need to spend the night in Johnson City or are looking for refreshment while visiting at Johnson City Medical Center, see our Amenities page.