You are here
Heart Care at Johnson City Medical Center
Johnson City Medical Center consistently ranks as one of the region’s top facilities for expert heart care. As a regional referral center, Johnson City Medical Center provides round-the-clock services in vascular surgery and primary coronary angioplasty, and is home to a prominent open heart surgery program.
- Transcatheter Heart Valve Replacement (TAVR)
- Diagnostic and Interventional Catheterization
- Open Heart Surgery
- EP Mapping and Ablations
- Laser Lead Extraction
- Stress Testing
- Echo-Vascular Studies
- Event-Holter Monitoring
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Stress Echo
- Transesophageal Echocardiography
Because the best heart care includes early detection, physicians from the top local cardiac specialty groups (ETSU Cardiology, Karing Hearts Cardiology, Mountain States Medical Group Cardiology, and Mountain States Medical Group CVT Surgery Group) have joined together to create the Heart Valve Center at Johnson City Medical Center.
The Johnson City Medical Center Vascular Center is proud to be the only multi-disciplinary team of expert vascular, open heart, peripheral artery and endovascular surgeons in our region. Because we are committed to the very best in patient care, our specialists routinely perform the latest in surgical procedures. Our evidence-based vascular services include innovative approaches such as minimally invasive procedures, in additional to traditional methods. This ensures you are treated with the safest, most effective treatments, and with the shortest possible recovery times.
Congestive Heart Failure Clinic
The Congestive Heart Failure Clinic at Johnson City Medical Center offers comprehensive heart failure care featuring the latest treatment options and provides follow-up care for patients with congestive heart failure.
Each year, over 500,000 Americans experience STEMI, the deadliest form of heart attack, or cardiac arrest. The Heart Hospital at Johnson City Medical Center provides percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) capability. This procedure opens blocked arteries and restores blood flow to the heart – a treatment that minimizes damage to the heart and can make the difference in life and death. We offer 24/7 percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI). According the American Heart Association, STEMI patients who receive PCI within 90 minutes of first medical contact, have better outcomes.
Also, as the regional cardiovascular and thoracic surgery referral center, Johnson City Medical Center provides round-the-clock services in vascular surgery and open heart surgery. Johnson City Medical Center consistently ranks as the region’s top facility for heart care. Annually, Johnson City Medical Center performs more heart care procedures than the next two regional hospitals combined, and our new surgery tower provides a structural heart procedure room with the newest technology.
My Heart Attack Survival Plan (downloadable PDF)
Useful educational links to our Health Library
- Heart Attack
- Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG)
- Chest Pain (Angine Pectoris)
- Angioplasty and Stent Placement
- Heart Healthy Lifestyle and Diet
- Smoking Cessation
Heart Care Certifications & Accreditations
- Gold Seal of Approval for Coronary Artery Bypass Graph Program by The Joint Commission
- Accredited Vascular Laboratory by Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Vascular Laboratories
- Accredited Echocardiography Laboratory by Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories
- Cardiovascular ultrasound accredited as a nuclear cardiology lab by Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Nuclear Medicine Laboratories
- AACVPR-Certified Cardiac Rehabilitation Program