You are here
Bristol Regional Medical Center
Since opening our facility in 1994, Bristol Regional Medical Center has served the community through superior quality care, technological innovation and compassion.
High quality, nationally recognized care
Bristol Regional continues to be recognized among the nation’s best hospitals.
Top 100 hospitals in the U.S.
In 2017, the independent ratings organization CareChex® listed Bristol Regional among the top 100 hospitals in the nation for:
- Heart attack treatment
- Joint replacement (also the No. 1 hospital in Tennessee)
- Trauma care
Top 10% nationwide
CareChex also ranked Bristol Regional among the top 10 percent in the nation for several services:
- Overall medical care
- Cardiac care
- Stroke care
- Major orthopedic surgery
- Pulmonary care
Superior heart care
Award-winning heart attack response times
The cardiovascular team at Bristol Regional provides award-winning heart attack response times. In a heart attack, getting a patient into treatment quickly is critical.
To accomplish our fast treatment times, we’ve developed the Level One Heart Attack Network (which is unique in our region) and offer 24/7 cardiac cath labs and cardiac surgery support, as well as dedicated stroke care services.
Recognition for heart treatment, outcomes and patient safety
Bristol Regional’s cardiovascular services have earned some of the nation’s highest praise for patient outcomes, patient safety and rapid and effective treatment. Those accolades include:
- Mission: Lifeline® Gold Plus Receiving Quality Achievement Award for superior heart attack treatment by the American Heart Association
- Get With The Guidelines Platinum Performance Achievement Award for high-quality heart attack care from American College of Cardiology Foundation
- Gold Achievement Award for quality stroke care by the American Heart Association and the American Stroke Association
Bristol Regional offers state-of-the-art facilities such as:
- Deborah H. Quillen Birthing Center, a newly renovated facility where families can welcome new life in comfortable, updated surroundings
- Highly acclaimed Level II trauma center and 24/7 emergency and surgical services
- Primary stroke center – the region’s first – offering around-the-clock neurological coverage
- Leonard Family Comprehensive Breast Center, which provides a full spectrum of breast care – from cancer prevention and screening to detection, diagnosis, treatment and survivorship
- Imaging services at two Bristol locations, the Volunteer Parkway Imaging Center and Sapling Grove Imaging Center
Robotic and minimally invasive surgical options
Advanced cancer care technologies
Bristol Regional delivers advanced oncology care by offering two robotic radiosurgery technologies in the J.D. and Lorraine Nicewonder Cancer Center:
- TrueBeam STx with Brainlab
- CyberKnife Stereotactic Radiosurgery System
Both CyberKnife and TrueBeam use state-of-the-art robotic technology to treat life-threatening tumors that would otherwise be inoperable.
Bristol Regional’s surgical service also features the da Vinci Surgical System as part of its array of robotic treatments and tools.
The da Vinci system offers enhanced, high-definition 3D imagery and single-site incision technology to enable surgeons to perform complex and delicate procedures using very small incisions. The system can be used for a number of treatments, including urology, gynecology and general surgery procedures.
Robot-assisted surgery means faster, less-invasive procedures with shorter recovery times.
Other key services
Some of the other services we offer in Bristol include:
- Diabetes Treatment Center
- Hospice and palliative care, both inpatient and outpatient
- Inpatient behavioral health
- Occupational health
- Every Step Joint Replacement Center, offering knee, hip and shoulder replacement
- Rehabilitation services, including Small Steps Pediatric Rehab
- Women’s health
- Wound Care
Dedicated to providing you with superior, compassionate care
Whether you were born here, healed here or both, Bristol Regional is a part of your community. Though health care is constantly changing, one thing is certain – you can be confident in the care you receive at Bristol Regional.
Every physician, nurse, technologist and support staff member of our team is passionate about your healing and improving your quality of life, as well as the health of our community.
Along with our hospital in Bristol, urgent care facilities in Abingdon and Bristol, and physician practices throughout the area, we’re providing the quality services you need – close to home.
- More than 270 board-certified or board-eligible physicians
- More than 1,615 nurses, technicians and support staff members
- Greg Neal, president
- Brian Hobson, chief operating officer
- Dr. Chad Couch, chief medical officer
- Bob Bender, vice president of finance, hospital division
- Tim Anderson, vice president of patient care and chief nursing officer
Bristol Regional Community Health Needs Assessment [PDF] – opens in new window]
If you are looking for refreshment while visiting at Bristol Regional Medical Center, see our Amenities page.