You are here
Certified Advanced Joint Replacement Program
AT BRISTOL REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER
The Region’s Only Certified Advanced Joint Replacement Center
Our orthopedic care focuses on education, rehabilitation and encouragement to foster your quick, safe recovery.
In fact, our Every Step Joint Replacement Center at Bristol Regional Medical Center is the only program in Virginia – and one of only three in Tennessee – to earn an Advanced Total Hip and Knee Replacement Certification from The Joint Commission.
With Bristol Regional, you can have confidence choosing top-quality care from a dedicated team that’s by your side every step of the way.
Top 100 in the Nation, No. 1 in Tennessee for Medical Excellence
Medical excellence – you’ll receive quality care
In its 2016 rankings, independent ratings organization CareChex® named Bristol Regional in the top 100 hospitals nationwide – and the No. 1 hospital in the state – for medical excellence in joint replacement. The hospital was also ranked in the top 10 percent of hospitals nationally for medical excellence in major orthopedic surgery.
Patient safety – your safety is our priority
In the area of patient safety, CareChex also ranked Bristol Regional in the top 10 percent of hospitals for joint replacement and orthopedic care.
The Winning Team Your Joints Need
Bristol Regional's joint replacement team is committed to getting you back in stride with efficient, coordinated care.
At the Every Step Joint Replacement Center, we provide:
- A dedicated nurse coordinator who will guide, support and be an advocate for you through the joint replacement process, educating you on your plan of care, from pre-admissions through discharge, and maintaining contact with you after surgery
- Presurgery classes, taught by our nurse coordinator, to prepare you on what to expect throughout the process and your hospital stay, as well as give you a chance to tour our facilities and observe rehabilitation classes in our Every Step Joint Replacement gym
- Professional, supportive physical therapy seven days a week, where you’ll progress with a group of people who have gone through the same surgery as you
- Efficient, well-planned scheduling, so you’ll be home in time for the weekend
- Tailored treatment plans that fit your unique needs
- Strong partnerships with our region’s leading orthopedic surgeons and specialists
With precise skills, quality outcomes and physician expertise, the surgical care you need is close to home at Bristol Regional Medical Center.
Above all, we’re dedicated to ensuring you receive an unparalleled experience – one you can find nowhere else in the state.
Is Total Joint Replacement for You?
If you have questions or would like to learn more about total knee or hip replacement, please call our nurse coordinator at (423) 844-4308.
CareChex is a division of Comparion® Medical Analytics – one of the nation’s largest privately-held health care information services companies. CareChex provides clinical, financial and patient satisfaction findings to consumers, providers and purchasers of medical care in the U.S.
Unlike other publicly available quality ratings, CareChex provides a composite evaluation of all components of medical quality, including process of care, outcomes of care and patient experiences. For access to provider quality ratings, visit www.CareChex.com.