You are here
Pharmacy Residency Program – Johnson City
Johnson City Medical Center
The mission of Ballad Health’s postgraduate year one (PGY1) residency at Johnson City Medical Center (JCMC) is to provide advanced level training in the provision of patient-centered pharmaceutical care in a community-based health system. Residents will develop skills to successfully interact with interprofessional teams to optimize drug therapy, lead medication safety initiatives, and provide education. A variety of clinical experiences is offered with an emphasis on cardiology, critical care, infectious diseases, pediatrics, trauma, pharmacokinetics, oncology, and research.
Johnson City Medical Center (JCMC) is a 445-bed tertiary referral hospital located in Northeastern Tennessee. JCMC is a Level 1 Trauma Center and an Advanced Certified Comprehensive Stroke Center.
Pharmacy services provided at JCMC include:
- 24/7 pharmacist code response
- Interprofessional rounding
- Decentralized pharmacy services
- Anticoagulation consults
- Adult parenteral nutrition consults
- Pharmacist-managed renal dosage adjustments
- Pharmacist-managed pharmacokinetic dosing (aminoglycosides and vancomycin)
- Patient medication counseling
- Drug information responses
JCMC serves as an introductory and advanced practice site for Bill Gatton College of Pharmacy at East Tennessee State University.
For more details visit the Johnson City Medical Center Pharmacy Residency Details page.
- $42,120 stipend
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Travel allowance to attend professional meetings
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) Midyear Clinical Meeting
- Southeastern Residency Conference (SERC)
Cathy Lawson, PharmD, BCCCP
Cathy Lawson is the Residency Program Director and Pharmacy Clinical Coordinator at JCMC.
Corinne Allen, PharmD, MBA
Corinne Allen is the Director of Pharmacy at JCMC.
John Bossaer, PharmD, BCPS, BCOP
Kelly Covert, PharmD, BCPS
Abby Jones, PharmD. BCPS
Cameron Lanier, PharmD, BCPS
Molly Lassiter, PharmD, BCPS-AQ Cardiology, BCCCP, BCCP
Paul Lewis, PharmD-AQ ID, BCPS
Tim Lundberg, PharmD
Robin Mottern, PharmD, BCPPS
Ashley Sant, PharmD, BCPS, BCOP
David Stewart, PharmD, BCPS
Jen Tharp, PharmD, BCPS, BCCCP
Rob Vincent, PharmD, BCPS
Vera Wilson, PharmD, BCPS, BCCCP
For more information, please contact Cathy Lawson: