You are here
Internal Medicine Residency Salary & Benefits – Abingdon
Johnston Memorial Hospital
Thank you for your interest in the internal medicine residency program at Johnston Memorial Hospital in Abingdon, Virginia.
Year base rate
- AY 2021 – $50,055.37
- AY 2022 – $52,057.58
- AY 2021 – $51,376.00
- AY 2022 – $53,431.04
- AY 2021 – $53,247.17
- AY 2022 – $55,377.05
Paid days off
- Residents are allotted twenty (20) total leave days per academic year, which includes 17 personal days and 3 CME days.
- No more than seven (7) days off may be taken per 4-week rotation, except in emergency situations.
- No more than three (3) days off may be taken per 2-week rotation, except in emergency situations.
- PGY-1 residents are not allowed to take vacation during the month of July.
PGY-1 – $500
PGY-2 – $1,000
PGY-3 – $1,500
- Life insurance
- Comprehensive health insurance plan, including prescription card
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plans
- Professional residency program liability insurance, with tail coverage as needed
- Wellness program and fitness centers
- Credit union
- Meal plan
- Three complimentary lab coats (PGY-1); including dry cleaning
- Medical library privileges
- Residency training license fees
- Step 3 board exam fees are reimbursable by the program for one attempt
- ACP membership dues are paid by the program
- Free employee parking
- Counseling, medical and psychological support services
Residents are employees of Johnston Memorial Hospital and are provided with Ballad Health employee benefits in addition to these residency program benefits listed.
If you have any questions, please contact the internal medicine residency program at (276) 258-4455.
Or learn more about the internal residency program here.
How to apply
Applicants for the internal medicine residency program must use ERAS to apply: www.aamc.org/students/medstudents/eras/