You are here
Physical Medicine & Neurologic Rehabilitation
Improve your quality of life with neurologic rehabilitation at Ballad Health if you have a condition or injury affecting your brain, spine or nervous system.
Conditions neurologic rehabilitation helps
Rehabilitation is an important part of recovery for neurologic conditions including:
- Brain or spinal cord injury
- Brain tumor
- Multiple sclerosis
- Pain management
- Parkinson’s disease
Team approach to physical medicine and neurologic rehab
Mend your mind and body with the compassionate, specialized neurologic rehabilitation team at Ballad Health.
Doctors, nurses and therapists work together at Ballad Health hospitals and facilities to help develop a care plan to meet your needs so you can reach maximum recovery.
Comprehensive physical medicine
Surgery is not always necessary to manage back and neck pain.
At Ballad Health, our goal is to manage your issues with the least invasive approach. Conditions such as disc disease, disc herniation and spinal stenosis can often be treated with physical therapy, exercise and/or bracing.
Procedures for pain management:
- Celiac Plexus blocks
- Cervical and lumbar nerve blocks
- Cervical and lumbar steroid injections
- Facet joint injections
- Lumbar sympathetic blocks
- Medical branch blocks
- Nerve conduction studies
- Pain pumps
- Radiofrequency ablation
- Stellate ganglion blocks
- Trigger point injections
Comprehensive neurologic rehab services
Find the support you need with a personalized neurologic rehabilitation program at Ballad Health.
You also may need speech therapy to improve your speaking and swallowing skills.
Therapists at Ballad Health use advanced technology and techniques to help you get the best rehabilitative outcomes.
You may benefit from:
- Gait training with body weight supported system – Strengthens and retrains leg muscles to walk again
- Spasticity management, includes splinting and casting – Maintains range of motion and flexibility in stiff muscles
- Aquatic therapy – Eases exercise stress and strengthens weak and stiff muscles
- VitalStim® therapy – Improves swallowing ability with gentle electrical stimulation
- Functional or neuromuscular electrical stimulation – Increases function, strength and motion by sending electric impulses to the nerves
Neurologic continual care
After a brain or spine injury, you’ll start to rebuild your skills in the hospital through rehabilitative therapy.
When you’re ready to leave the hospital, your Ballad Health care team will guide you and your family to the best type of care for your needs.
Neurologic rehab support
Find encouragement and support throughout your rehabilitation journey at Ballad Health.
You’ll learn self-care, disease and medication management, and communication and wellness skills.
Your care team also can help coordinate your neurological therapy visits to reduce your travel and treatment time.
And your family will learn about how to assist you during your treatment and afterward to reinforce rehabilitation skills, safety and function at home.
Physical Medicine & Neurologic Rehabilitation Locations
Big Stone Gap, VA 24219
Kingsport, TN 37660