You are here
Home Health Care
When you or your loved ones need help with day-to-day health and personal care or the support to manage a new or chronic health condition, you can rely on Ballad Health’s home health care services. Home health services are available in East Tennessee and Southwest Virginia.
Get skilled healthcare without leaving home
Home health care allows you to stay in your own home while receiving skilled care that helps you get well or maintain your health.
Home care can shorten or prevent a hospital stay, eliminate the need for a nursing home stay, or help you and your care team manage an illness or injury.
Complete home health services
Take advantage of a wide range of Ballad Health home health services, such as:
- A registered nurse (RN) on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- A social worker to help you find and receive special types of care or services
- Nutritional support
- Respiratory care
Skilled rehabilitation services available seven days a week, including:
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy
- Access to home medical equipment through Mediserve
- Assistance with processing claims from commercial insurance providers, TennCare and Medicare
- The Safer Steps program, which can help you become more independent by reducing your chance of falling in your home.
Teaming up with home health for better quality of life
When Marcia Arnold needed ongoing help with her medical care, she worried that hospital stays and long-term care might be in her future. Instead, she learned that she could care for herself in her own home and still have the oversight of expert nursing care.
Watch Marcia’s above or read her home health story here.
Enjoy experienced, patient-centered care
Trust Ballad Health home health care for experienced, patient-centered care that puts you first. Only caregivers with the greatest skill become part of the Ballad Health home health care team.
Think of us as an extension of your personal doctor’s practice – ready to deliver complete, professional care and support for your emotional well-being as you reach for your highest level of wellness.
Telehealth (telemedicine) services
Ask your Ballad Health home health care team if you qualify for telehealth services, a remote monitoring program to help you better manage your chronic health condition.
Using wireless, at-home devices, your care team can communicate with you, recognize important indicators (warning signs?) as early as possible and help avoid unnecessary hospitalizations by keeping track of several vital signs, including your:
- Blood pressure and pulse
- Blood oxygen level
- Blood sugar (glucose)
- Heart rhythm
You might be a candidate for telehealth remote monitoring if you live with a chronic health condition such as:
- COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- Heart failure
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
Licensed, insured & accredited care
Because Ballad Health focuses on your medical treatment, safety and satisfaction, you can rest assured you’re receiving the expert care you deserve.
- Our home health agencies in Tennessee and Russell County, Virginia, are insured and licensed in the states of Tennessee and Virginia and hold accreditation from the Community Health Accreditation Program (CHAP).
- Smyth Regional Home Care and Ballad Health Homecare in Abingdon are insured and licensed in the state of Virginia and hold accreditation from The Joint Commission, the nation’s top health care accrediting agency.
- Since 1984, our agencies have served Northeast Tennessee and are certified by Medicare, TennCare and commercial insurers.
Find a Specialist
View Ballad Health’s network of doctors and search by name, specialty, condition, gender and location. Or call 833-8-BALLAD for help finding a provider who offers the specific care you need.
One call for home health
Just call (423) 431-6145 to connect with professional home health services and resources.
Home Health Care Locations
Abingdon, VA 24210
Clintwood, VA 24228
Greeneville, TN 37745
Johnson CIty, TN 37604
Lebanon, VA 24266
Norton, VA 24273
Marion, VA 24354