Birthing center visitation restrictions
To help contain coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), Ballad Health hospitals have implemented new labor and delivery visitation restrictions, including:
- Allowing 1 patient support person and 2 visitors per room
- Engaging all visitors in screening protocols
- Limiting public entry points
Please read more about these visitation restrictions.
Deciding where to have your baby is important. Choose top-quality, hands-on maternity care from the skilled professionals at our Family Birth Centers in Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia.
Family Birth Center Services & Amenities
Depend on our one-on-one maternity services, special programs and amenities including:
- Private, homelike, soothing birthing suites with advanced fetal monitoring equipment where you can welcome your new little one in comfort
- Dedicated pediatric hospitalists available 24/7 at Niswonger Children’s Hospital to help care for you and your newborn during delivery and afterward
- Access to advanced facilities if you need a C-section or have other complications
- Highly skilled, caring nurses to help you bond with your baby right after birth and alleviate any anxiety you may have about being a new mother
- Breastfeeding services, including supplies available through Ballad Health pharmacies, as well as breastfeeding classes and certified lactation consultants to support you and your baby in adjusting to breastfeeding
- Prenatal classes to help you understand how to breastfeed, perform infant CPR, give your newborn a bath, teach siblings about baby and more
- Postpartum care for mother and baby to make sure you’re doing well after delivery
- Nurse midwife services available at Indian Path Medical Center and Franklin Woods Community Hospital.
- High-risk maternity care at Johnson City Medical Center, with perinatalogists available 24/7, and High Risk Obstetrical Consultants (HiROC) in Kingsport.
- 24/7 anesthesia coverage
Family Birth Center Locations
Expect quality, family-centered maternity care at one of our ten Family Birth Centers throughout Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia including:
- Family Birth Center at Johnston Memorial Hospital
Big Stone Gap, VA
The Birthing Inn at Lonesome Pine Hospital, Big Stone Gap, VA
Bristol, TN / VA
- Deborah H. Quillen Birthing Center at Bristol Regional Medical Center, which has been recognized by Cribs for Kids as a Gold-Certified Safe Sleep Champion, the highest infant sleep designation available
- Birthing Center at Takoma Regional Hospital
- Laughlin Memorial Hospital
Johnson City, TN
- Family Birth Center at Franklin Woods Community Hospital, which has earned perinatal care certification from The Joint Commission, is certified as a Gold Safe Sleep Champion by Cribs for Kids
- Shirley Palmer Family Birth Center at Johnson City Medical Center, which includes the Northeast Tennessee Reginal Perinatal Center (one of only five state-designated perinatal centers in Tennessee) – Johnson City Medical Center is certified by The Joint Commission for perinatal care and is a Gold Safe Sleep Champion by Cribs for Kids.
- Barbara Humphreys Birthing Center at Indian Path Medical Center
- Norton Community Hospital