Located in Clintwood, Virginia, Dickenson Community Hospital is a 25-bed critical access not-for-profit hospital.
The hospital campus includes a 5,700 square foot physician office building for Dickenson Medical Associates.
From check-ups, to colds, to chronic illness management, the providers at Dickenson Medical Associates Primary Care can take care of the medical needs of patients of all ages and walk-ins are accepted.
Dickenson Medical Associates Primary Care
24-hour Emergency Services
- Wound Care
- Physical Therapy
- Pulmonary Rehab
Medical care and community impact reports
Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA)
Dickenson Community Hospital CHNA [PDF – opens in new window]
CMS price transparency
Please visit our Price Transparency page for a full listing of standard charges by facility.
You can learn more about pre-visit coordination and registration here and about payment options here.
Metrics by MS-DRG*
Dickenson Community MS-DRG metrics [PDF, 21KB], fiscal year 2023
View more Ballad Health MS-DRG metrics here.
*MS-DRGs are Medicare Severity Diagnosis Related Groups.
Expand a section below to learn more about Dickenson Community Hospital and our community.
- Dickenson Community Hospital is currently operating under a 3-year accreditation by the Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Program (HFAP).
- Dickenson Community Hospital Laboratory is College of American Pathologist accredited. This national recognition is for excellence of the services being provided, making Dickenson Community Hospital’s Laboratory one of only 7,000 CAP-accredited laboratories worldwide.
- Dickenson Community Hospital is American College of Radiology accredited for CT Scanning.
- Dickenson Community Hospital Senior Life Solutions Program received the Level IV Quality Award, and Psychiatric Medical Care named Senior Life Solutions Program Director, Brian Steffey, Team Member of the Year!
Shannon Showalter, Vice President, Chief Executive Officer for Lee, Wise and Dickenson counties
Terri Roop, Administrator
Jeremy Carlson, Chief Nursing Officer
Dr. Herb Ladley, Chief Medical Officer
Valeri Colyer, Director, Human Resources
Wise/Dickenson County Advisory Board
- Mike Allen, Vice Chair
- Dr. Ashley Bevins
- Karen Hall, Secretary
- Mike Hatfield
- Danny Lambert
- John Morrisey
- Steve Lawson
- Valerie Lawson
- Abe Quesenberry
- Dr. Bernie Sergent
- Mitzi Sykes
- Roger Viers
- Ernie Ward
- Jibber Ward, Chair
Dickenson Community Hospital
- Opened November 8, 2003
- Not-for profit critical access hospital
- Facility owned by Dickenson County Industrial Development Authority
- Operated by Norton Community Hospital
- Added Dickenson Medical Associates – new 5,700 square foot physician office in 2003
- August 2008 – closed Medical Surgical / ICU Units
- August 2008 – reclassified as critical access with 2 functioning inpatient beds with limited diagnosis
- 2010 upgraded laboratory equipment
- 2011 remodeled ED, outpatient testing area, waiting areas, hallways and administrative offices
- 2011 added digital radiology, mammography, Siemens IT Software upgrade, POE, ED Hospitalist
Dickenson Community Hospital offers a convenient drive by drop off lane at the main entrance door. Handicapped and traditional parking is located in the parking lot directly in front of Dickenson Community Hospital.