Ballad Health is hosting a hiring fair that will give job seekers the opportunity to apply, interview and be hired – all without leaving their vehicles. ... read more about Ballad Health to hold drive-thru job fairs in Abingdon.
You are here
Pediatric Clinic – Kingsport
Family-focused pediatric care for newborns, children and teens in Kingsport
Our Kingsport pediatricians and pediatric team are here to provide comprehensive and attentive care for your little ones. All our pediatricians specialize in care for infants, children and adolescents, and they're here with you through every step of your child's journey into adulthood.
At Kingsport Pediatrics, we offer a full range of pediatric and support services, including:
- General check-ups and care – including screenings, nutritional guidance and behavioral assessment
- School and sports physicals at any time of the year
- All age-appropriate immunizations to keep your newborn or child safe from preventable disease
- Care for chronic conditions and illnesses
- Walk-in availability and same-day or next-day appointments for sick visits
- Onsite full-service lab for the fastest possible results
- Separate waiting rooms for sick and well patients to keep your child safe
We know that a doctor's visit can be scary or stressful for your child, which is why we're always dedicated to providing a safe and comforting environment for all our patients – regardless of age. Our team is always ready to make your child laugh or help them feel brave.
Our office features a play area with toys and televisions that continuously play children's movies or TV shows. We also love giving out stickers and lollipops!
Our pediatricians are accepting new patients
Our providers are now accepting new patients.
All our providers see patients from newborn to teen. Although we continue to care for established patients that are 18+, we do not accept new patients that are over 18 year old.
We accept all major insurances.
Our pediatric services
Ballad Health Medical Associates Pediatrics is here to provide treatment and support for pediatric conditions, including:
- Acute and chronic illnesses
- Cold and flu
- Behavioral issues
- Diabetes management
- Sinus infections and strep throat
- Childhood obesity
Well-child care and annual exams
Well-child examinations are pre-scheduled visits that allow your doctor to track the growth and development of your child while recommending steps to prevent illness or address any of your child's needs.
Most major insurances offer at least one free well-child exam per year.
These visits are also a perfect time for our pediatricians to check your child's emotional development and provide any needed immunizations.
24/7 access to your child's care
With our secure MyChart online portal, you can access your child's medical records and manage their care at any time.
MyChart allows you to see test results, refill a prescription, check immunization history, message your pediatrician and request an appointment – all from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
Onsite full-service lab
We know when your child is sick, you and your family need results fast, which is why we offer a full-service lab on site for all basic lab work, such as strep, mono or the flu.
Our team will never ask you to travel to another facility to do lab work. For specialty labs, we will send your child's bloodwork to an offsite facility to be tested.
We can also test for coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) on site.
Prenatal tours for expecting parents
Congratulations on this exciting time in your life!
We're pleased to offer pregnancy tours to expecting moms and dads. We know choosing your family's pediatric team is an important decision. We'd love to show you our facility and have you meet our team so you can make the best choice for your child's unique needs.
We're pleased to offer pregnancy tours to expecting moms and dads. Let us take you on a personal, guided tour of our office and introduce you to our team members and pediatricians.
At this visit, we encourage you to sit down with our office manager so she can answer any questions.
Take a pregnancy tour
Interested in a guided tour? Call our office to let us know. We look forward to meeting you!
Our office open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
We do accommodate walk-ins, and we also offer same-day or next-day appointments for most sick visits so your child can get the care they need quickly.
Call our office at (423) 224-3933 to set your child's appointment today or speak with a member of our pediatric team.
Whether you have questions about your child's symptoms or simply need help with directions to our clinic, we are happy to give you the information you need to take care of your family.
Other resources and services for parents
Ballad Health offers a wealth of resources for parents and those who are expecting a child.
Support and services
- Niswonger Children's Network – A regional system of care that's comprised of Ballad Health facilities, community outreach programs and healthcare initiatives
- School Virtual Health Clinic – Access to Ballad Health pediatricians without leaving the nurse's office
- Children's Resource Center – Community organization that focuses on investment in targeted outreach and support program for families
- Prenatal resources – Learn how to preregister your hospital visit, how to pick a pediatrician and what to expect from delivery
- Local support groups – A list of support groups throughout the Appalachian Highlands, including those for autism, general parenting, breastfeeding, Chrohn's disease and more
- Counseling and trauma informed resources – Resources and services for individuals in need of advocacy, counseling and more
- Niswonger Children's Hospital – The only dedicated children's hospital in the region
- Indian Path Community Hospital – Soon to be converted to a specialty hospital for women and babies, while featuring a newly announced pediatric emergency room
Pediatric team left to right: Sarah A. Nichols, DO; Michelle Estes, MD; Caitlen M. Petschke, PA; Felicia Berry, FNP