Skip the wait and connect online 24/7 with a telehealth urgent care video visit
What is a Virtual Urgent Care visit?
Ballad Health virtual urgent care video visits are a fast, convenient alternative to an in-person visit. Virtual Urgent Care visits can address more health conditions and services than you might expect and are available to adults and children.
Virtual urgent care visits are available 24/7, for people in:
- North Carolina
A Ballad Health Virtual Urgent Care video visit will provide the same quality care you'd expect from an in-person visit while saving you time and travel.
How does a Virtual Urgent Care video visit work?
With Ballad Health's virtual urgent care, you can connect directly to a local healthcare provider using your desktop computer, laptop, tablet, or smartphone – all from the comfort of your home.
A Virtual Urgent Care video visit requires an appointment, and most appointments are available in an hour or less.
Our online urgent care is a cloud-based telehealth platform that offers on-demand access to care for several common illnesses and conditions.
A healthcare provider will listen to your concerns through a secure video connection, answer your questions, and recommend a treatment plan.
Holiday hours: Closes early Christmas Eve; closed Christmas Day.
Medical emergency? Visit your nearest E.R. or call 9-1-1 immediately.
Conditions we treat
The Ballad Health Virtual Urgent Care Clinic treats a variety of illnesses and injuries, including:
- Arthritis flares
- Athlete's foot
- Cold symptoms*, including fever, sore throat and cough
- Cold sores
- COVID treatment
- Eye infections or discharge
- Flu prevention
- Headaches (Limited, based on your history, symptoms and exam)
- Head lice
- Insect or animal bites
- Medication refills for chronic conditions**
- Mild asthma exacerbations
- Minor back pain (not associated with trauma)
- Minor burns, cuts and rashes
- Motion sickness (if you need a prescription prior to travel)
- Poison ivy/oak
- Recurrent genital herpes (not new onset)
- Seasonal allergies
- Sinus infections and strep throat*
- Skin abscess or wounds
- Skin and vaginal yeast infections
- Sprains and strains***
- Swimmer's ear
- Tooth infection or pain
- Urinary tract infections (women only)
Learn more about other conditions we can potentially treat through telehealth urgent care.
If you have symptoms of heart attack or stroke, or feel that you are in danger, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room (ER) immediately. Please visit an emergency room if you are experiencing shortness of breath or chest pain.
*Flu and strep throat consultations require a visit to a local urgent care clinic where a rapid test can be performed to confirm diagnosis.
**Medication refills for controlled medications are not available through the virtual urgent care clinic.
***Sprains and strains consultations might require a visit to a local clinic for a physical examination.
Virtual Urgent Care benefits
Benefits of a Virtual Urgent Care video visit include:
- No travel
- No waiting rooms
- Easy to do complete, wherever you are located (in Tennessee, Virginia or North Carolina)
- Ideal for consults, follow-up visits, questions, and prescriptions
- Private and secure connection via the Ballad Health app
- Personal, face-to-face communication
- Predictable and comfortable format
- For many visit types, it is as valuable as an in-person visit
Virtual Urgent Care fees
For just a $49 self-pay flat fee, the Virtual Urgent Care Clinic lets you skip the wait and schedule an appointment with a provider from the comfort of home.*
You can choose to pay the $49 fee out of pocket or, if you have insurance, the co-pay toward your deductible. Contact your insurance provider for details on coverage and associated fees.
Your Virtual Urgent Care visit will include a diagnosis and – if necessary – prescriptions.
*Some consultations, especially for conditions not listed here, may require a visit to a local urgent care clinic for testing or to confirm a diagnosis.
- The $49 out-of-pocket fee does not include the cost of medication, additional required in-person testing and/or diagnostics.
- The Virtual Urgent Care Clinic name will not appear on your bill. The billing department noted will be the Ballad Health Urgent Care at Colonial Heights.
Holiday hours for Virtual Urgent Care
- Closes at 1:30 on Christmas Eve
- Closed Christmas Day
For emergency care while we are closed, please go to your local E.R. or call 9-1-1 right away.