You are here
A primary care doctor is always there to keep you and your family happy and healthy. From birth to your later stages of life, the primary care providers at Ballad Health serve your community in Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia.
Primary care providers
Your main contact for regular and personal medical attention is your primary care provider (PCP). PCPs treat a wide range of conditions and can help you manage your overall health.
Choosing your primary care physician
Start a lasting relationship with a board-certified medical care provider at Ballad Health. Your doctor will listen to you, get to know you and your goals, and help you make the best choices for your health situation.
Choose the type of primary care doctor who’s right for you and your family:
- Family medicine doctors (family practice) – Care for children and adults
- Internal medicine doctors (internists) – Care for adults
- Pediatricians – Specialize in health care for babies, children and teenagers
- Geriatric doctors (geriatricians) – Focus on the health care needs of seniors
- Obstetricians and gynecologists (OB/GYNs) – Specialize in women’s health and surgical needs
You may also see a nurse practitioner (NP) or physician assistant (PA) for primary care. Under the supervision of a doctor, NPs and PAs treat conditions in patients of all ages and can prescribe medications.
Patient-Centered Medical Home
A patient-centered medical home is a system of care where you partner with your primary care provider, nurse, specialty providers and insurance professionals.
Your health care team focuses on your needs, not only when you visit the doctor’s office or a hospital, but also while you’re at home and work. Your care team members will always make sure to stay in touch with you – and each other.
Many Ballad Health primary care offices are accredited as Level 3 Patient-Centered Medical Homes, the highest level of recognition from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA). This means you’ll have a trusted team to help you make health care choices.
Conditions we treat
Turn to the primary care providers at Ballad Health for care of conditions that aren’t emergencies.
Your primary care doctor can help you manage a condition that is:
- Acute – An illness or injury that happened recently and needs care right away, such as a sprain, minor wounds, a cold or the flu
- Chronic – A condition that needs ongoing care, such as asthma, diabetes or heart disease
Your primary care physician provides basic care for many parts of the body. He or she also can refer you to specialists (experts in one type of condition or area of the body) for complete care of:
- Bones and joints
- Ear, nose and throat
- Mental and behavioral health conditions
- Urinary system
- Weight concerns
Primary care services and treatments
Getting regular checkups can help you live your healthiest life. Take advantage of primary care services at Ballad Health, including:
- Diagnosis and treatment of illnesses and injuries
- Preventive care, such as annual physicals and immunizations
- Screenings and other routine tests
- Specialist referrals and help making appointments with other doctors
- Education about healthy life habits and nutrition
- Family planning and birth control
- Help managing prescriptions and other medications
Book an appointment online
Need to make an appointment? You can now schedule your next visit online!
Click the button below to view our online scheduler. You can search for a doctor by name, location, gender or language.
Find the provider that's right for you and select your reason for visit.
Find a Primary Care Provider
View Ballad Health’s network of doctors and search by name, specialty, condition, gender and location. Or call 833-8-BALLAD for help finding a provider who offers the specific care you need.