You are here
Imaging Center – Bristol
High-quality MRIs, CT scans, X-rays and ultrasounds in Bristol
Volunteer Parkway Imaging Center offers the latest in advanced imaging technology to provide convenient services and scans with fast results.
Our staff of specialized, board-certified physicians, nurses and technologists work to provide a personalized care experience for you and your family. We're here to get your quick and accurate results to help you make the right choices for your care.
Our imaging services and procedures
Utilizing the region's leading radiology and diagnostic equipment, our Bristol outpatient imaging center offers a wide range of services to get you detailed results.
MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
- MRIs produce incredibly detailed cross-sectional images without the use of radiation.
- MRI scans are created through a combination of radio waves and a magnetic field.
- These images allow physicians to pinpoint various conditions or problems, such as brain tumors, developmental anomalies or infections.
At Volunteer Parkway Imaging Center, we use the latest wide-bore MRI machines which offer more room for extra comfort and produce higher quality images than traditional MRI machines.
We also provide MRI scans with contrast, without contrast or both – depending on your doctor's recommendation.
Learn more about the advantages of MRI services.
- Ultrasounds – also known as sonograms – use sound waves to produce images of structures within your body.
- We offer a large variety of 3D ultrasounds, including abdominal scans and elastography.
Learn more about common types of ultrasound examinations.
CT scan (Computed Tomography scan)
- CT scans – sometimes referred to as CAT scans – combine several X-ray images to create cross-sectional representations of your body. CT scans provide more detailed information than traditional X-rays.
- Our staff perform a range of CT services, including head, neck, chest, abdomen, pelvis, spine, musculoskeletal and angiography. We also provide screening services, such as low-dose lung cancer screenings.
- CT scans can be scheduled with contrast, without contrast or both based on your doctor's recommendation.
Learn more about what a CT procedure looks like.
X-ray and fluoroscopy
- X-rays use electromagnetic waves to capture images of the inside of your body.
- We commonly think of X-rays for fractures or broken bones, but they're used in many other cases. X-ray technology is also used to spot chest anomalies and digestive problems. For example, a chest X-ray can help your doctor spot lung infections or conditions, such as pneumonia, tuberculosis or lung cancer.
- Fluoroscopy gathers real-time moving images of internal structures within your body using X-ray technology. It's often used to diagnose and treat gastrointestinal tract disorders.
When you have a possible injury, getting an X-ray quickly is an important part of diagnosing your issue. That is why we offer walk-in appointments for general X-rays at Volunteer Parkway Imaging Center.
Learn more about X-ray imaging and fluoroscopy.
About your local imaging center
Our mission is to provide superior diagnostic imaging services to all patients throughout Sullivan County.
We understand your time is important.
Our staff is driven to provide excellence in diagnostic imaging by always giving you unparalleled responsiveness. That is why Volunteer Parkway Imaging Center offers:
- Quick results within 12 to 24 hours of the examination
- Extended MRI appointment hours to accommodate the demands of your busy schedule
- Easy access to results through your MyChart
- Expedited call-backs to your primary care physician
- A caring staff of board-certified physicians for questions and consultations on all imaging center procedures
- Accessible scheduling through your provider so you don't have to worry about making an appointment
- Convenient patient parking close to our office
- A spa-like environment to make your appointment as comfortable as possible
- Access to services already offered at the main Bristol Regional Medical Medical Center campus
All our imaging equipment is accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR).
Volunteer Parkway Imaging Center is proud to be an ACR Diagnostic Imaging Center of Excellence – highlighting our mission to provide high-quality imaging services and safety through reduced radiation doses.
Your physician will only ever recommend imaging tests and scans necessary for making the most accurate diagnosis possible. We will always use the lowest amount of radiation needed to produce high-quality images.
Volunteer Parkway Valley Imaging Center utilizes equipment that allows us to significantly reduce radiation doses, especially when performing pediatric imaging services.
Hours for services
We're open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. for scheduled or stat testing for MRIs, CT scans, ultrasounds and other procedures.
Our office is also open for general X-ray walk-in appointments Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
If you have any questions about our services or procedures, call us (423) 764-2566.