You are here
Telehealth Urgent Care Guidelines
Potentially treatable illnesses and problems
We can potentially treat the following conditions through Ballad Health’s Virtual Urgent Care Clinic.
Respiratory infections and allergies
- Cold or sinus infection
- Hay fever/allergies
- Possibly cough, though if associated with a fever patient should be seen
Common female infections
- Female bladder infections
- Vaginal yeast infections
Eye and mouth problems
- Canker or cold sore
- Pink eye
- True eye pain should be evaluated in person as should acute visual disturbances
Headaches not associated with fever, acute trauma, visual disturbances, focal tingling, numbness or loss of function
Skin and nail problems
- Athlete’s foot
- Diaper rash
- Fungal skin infection (tinea), e.g. jock itch, ringworm, etc.
- Skin irritation (contact dermatitis)
- Other unwanted skin conditions
- Constipation and/or diarrhea possibly
- Heartburn or acid reflux
- Mild abdominal pain not associated with a fever or vomiting
Bony, joint and soft tissue problems
- Focal bony, joint or soft tissue pains not associated with a fever, acute trauma or a sudden onset, e.g. ongoing elbow pain, ongoing pain in the bottom of the foot, etc.
Certain medicine refills
- Refills for short term if patient is visiting the area or can’t get in to see their PCP – these type requests will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Malaria prevention
- Motion sickness prevention
Medication to prevent an illness or infection
- Influenza prevention if acutely exposed
- Postexposure to pertussis (whooping cough)
Other requests or consultations will be evaluated and addressed on a case-by-case basis.
Not all issues can be effectively or safely evaluated and treated in a virtual setting.