You are here
Ballad Health Cancer Care – Bristol on Island
Advanced oncology services and resources in Bristol
By combining a highly skilled team of physicians, technologists and cancer care navigators with cutting-edge technology, Ballad Health Cancer Care is on the front lines in the fight against cancer.
No matter where you are in your journey – whether you've been recently diagnosed, are recovering from surgery or are in remission – we're here for you.
About your local cancer center team
Our team of physician specialists, oncologists and technologists are here to ensure you get the care you need. We provide a variety of services, including:
- Medical oncology
- Hematology (blood disorders)
- Infusion services
Cancer care navigators
All our patients have access to advice, encouragement and emotional support through our cancer care navigators.
The Ballad Health cancer navigation program can help guide you and your family by serving as your personal contact and answering questions about your care.
- Coordinating appointments and treatments so you don't need to worry about your next visit
- Emotional support for you and your caregivers during times of stress
- Additional resources catered to your specific diagnosis
Available services and treatments
- Surgery is one of the most common forms of cancer treatment and can be used in a variety of circumstances.
- It's often used to diagnose the stage of your cancer, as well as to assist with other treatment options. It can be used for preventative procedures and reconstruction after other treatments.
- Surgery is most effective against localized cancers that are detected early. However, even when an entire tumor cannot be removed, surgery may help relieve symptoms or discomfort.
Our team provides surgical oncology procedures, including:
- Tumor removal from the breast, lungs, kidneys and other areas
- Lumpectomies and mastectomies
- Prostate removal
- Seed implantation
Ballad Health Cancer Care's surgical oncology team also has access to the most advanced robotic-assisted surgical system available for physicians.
For minimally invasive procedures, your surgeon may utilize a robotic-assisted surgery system for higher precision. This style of surgery leads to lower rates of complications or infections, minimal scarring or surgical pain and quicker recovery times.
- Chemotherapy – often referred to as chemo – works throughout the entire body. Chemo treatments are extremely specific depending on the type of cancer, where it is, the size of the cancer and how it's affecting your overall health.
- Cancer can be treated with a single chemotherapy drug, but often several drugs are used in a certain order or in specific combinations.
- Chemotherapy is sometimes the only treatment you might need. However, chemo is often used with surgery, radiation therapy or both.
- Chemo can also be used to shrink a tumor before or after radiation therapy or surgery to help kill remaining cancer cells.
Learn more about the details of chemotherapy.
- Intravenous (IV) infusion therapy allows you access to important medical treatment without interrupting your daily life.
- IV therapy lets your physician deliver medicine or nutrition directly into a vein. Infusion therapy can also be a good way to treat health conditions for those that have trouble swallowing pills.
Learn more about infusion services.
- Genetic testing and education
- Nutritional support and evaluation
- Access to clinical trials
- Specialist support – including cancer resources for women
- Medication assistance
Screening and support resources
We offer patients access to an array of cancer education, support services and screening programs, including several breast cancer support groups.
- Lung nodule clinic – the only known way to catch lung cancer early
- Endobronchial ultrasound (EBUS) technology
- Regional breast cancer in Bristol
We also recommend a variety of national and community resources for those living with cancer, such as the American Cancer Society and Relay for Life.
Hear from our patients
At Ballad Health Cancer Care, we're committed to help you beat cancer.
We're here with you every step of the way.
Accreditation and awards
Our center is accredited through the Commission on Cancer – highlighting our mission to offer the highest standards of care for our patients.
We're also proud to be a grant award winner with the Susan G. Komen Foundation.
Cancer center hours
We are open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
If you have any questions about our services or resources, please call (276) 469-4200.