You are here
Hospice Care – Russell County Hospital
New hospital visitation restrictions
Effective Saturday, March 21, Ballad Health will not allow visitors in its inpatient hospital units, long-term care facilities or behavioral health centers.
These measures are to help contain coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). Limited exceptions to these restrictions may apply to:
- Birthing centers
- Pediatric departments
- Emergency departments
- End-of-life and other extraordinary long-term care situations
Please read more about these visitation restrictions.
When illnesses no longer respond to treatment or when the patient has a life-limiting illness, hospice provides a special kind of care for patients and families.
Hospice care is about quality of life, regardless of the time that remains.
It is focused on the patient and family and is designed to:
- Provide support and care for those in the last phases of a life-limiting illness
- Recognize that completing life is an important part of living
- Affirm life and neither hasten nor postpone death
- Focus on quality of life for individuals and their family caregivers
About our hospice program
Hospice care at Russell County Hospital affirms quality of life and provides comfort care, spiritual care and emotional care while maintaining patient dignity.
Your loved one will benefit from a team-oriented approach to expert medical care, pain management and emotional and spiritual support. And this care and support are tailored to the patient’s needs and wishes.
- Durable medical equipment
- And other supplies and services related to the life-limiting illness
In addition to care by the hospice team, short-term inpatient care is covered for pain and symptom management and for respite care.