You are here
- Advance Directives
- Communication Assistance & Interpreter Services
- Financial Assistance
- My Medical Records
- MyChart Patient Portal
- Outpatient Observation Status
- Pay My Bill
- Pet Therapy
- Pre-visit Coordination, Registration & Billing
- Preparing for Your Surgery – and What Happens After
- Price Estimator & Standard Charges
- Report a Safety Concern
- Tobacco-Free Hospitals, Clinics & Workplace
- Virtual Communication Options
Creating a MyChart account
- How do I access MyChart?
You access MyChart through the Ballad Health website or app.
Accessing MyChart through our app:
iPhone or iPad users: Go to the Apple App Store, search for Ballad Health and download the Ballad Health app.
Google Android and tablet users: Go to Google Play, search for Ballad Health in the Apps section and download the Ballad Health app.
Accessing MyChart through our website:
Go to Balladhealth.org, look under Patients & Visitors and click on MyChart Patient Portal. Click on MyChart Login and enter your username and password to sign in or create an account.
- Who can sign up for MyChart?
Patients treated within the Ballad Health system, including clinics and hospitals, may enroll in MyChart. You must be at least 18 years old to sign up for a MyChart account. Parents or legal guardians may request access to their child’s medical record by completing a Proxy Request Form at their provider’s office.
- How do I sign up for MyChart?
Once you log in through your computer or the Ballad Health app, look for Sign Up Now on the login page.
If you have an activation code:
Choose the Activation Code option. Enter your code, the last four digits of your Social Security number and your date of birth. Click Next to continue with the enrollment process and create your username and password.
If you do not have an activation code:
Choose the No Activation Code option. Enter your name, address, date of birth, Social Security number, sex and email address. Click Submit to continue with the enrollment process and create your username and password.
- How do I get an activation code to sign up for a MyChart account?
Activation codes are typically generated during check-in or following your visit and provided by letter, email or with your after-visit summary. If you’re enrolling during your patient visit, you may also receive an email with a link for instant activation.
If you didn’t receive an activation code during your visit, call your provider to request one or call Ballad Health’s Consumer Call Center at 866-517-5873 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. to request one.
- Is there a fee for using this service?
There is no fee for using MyChart.
- Is my personal health information secure?
Yes, we take great care to ensure your health information remains safe and protected. Access to your information is controlled through secure activation codes, personal usernames and passwords. Also, MyChart uses the latest 128-bit SSL encryption technology with no caching to automatically encrypt your session. Unlike conventional email, all MyChart messaging is done while you are securely logged in to our website.
- What facilities use MyChart?
Here is a listing of Ballad Health hospitals and practices using MyChart:
- Ballad Health Medical Associates
- Bristol Regional Medical Center
- Dickenson Community Hospital
- Franklin Woods Community Hospital
- Greeneville Community Hospital East (formerly Laughlin Memorial)
- Greeneville Community Hospital West (formerly Takoma Regional)
- Hancock County Hospital
- Hawkins County Memorial Hospital
- Holston Valley Medical Center
- Indian Path Community Hospital
- Johnson City Medical Center
- Johnson County Community Hospital
- Johnston Memorial Hospital
- Lonesome Pine Hospital
- Mountain States Medical Group
- Niswonger Children’s Hospital
- Norton Community Hospital
- Russell County Hospital
- Smyth County Community Hospital
- Sycamore Shoals Hospital
- Takoma Medical Associates
- Unicoi County Hospital
- Woodridge Hospital
Managing your health with MyChart
- What all can I do with my MyChart account?
MyChart offers many benefits. You can:
- Schedule your medical appointments
- View and print lab and test results following your visit
- Request prescription refills for pick-up at your pharmacy
- Receive reminders of visits and preventative health services
- Track your medications, immunizations and health concerns
- Access information and resources for managing your health
- Update your insurance and personal contact information
- Can I pay my medical bills online?
Paying bills is easy and secure. You can manage your bill payment process anytime. Your billing statements can be viewed, downloaded and printed with the same details that appear on paper statements. You can also keep track of your payments, all in one location.
- Can I communicate with my physician and nurses?
If you have a question that is not urgent, you can use the Message Center feature. It allows you to send confidential messages to your medical team 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You will also receive messages with reminders about preventative health checks, upcoming appointments and test results. All messages will be recorded in one place, so you can go back and retrieve them at any time.
- How soon will my health information and test results be entered into MyChart?
Most test results are automatically released into MyChart. However, some tests may take several days or weeks to process but will be added once results become available.
- Can I access other family members’ records?
MyChart makes it easy to manage your family’s care in one place. Access can be granted for parents who want to view their children’s records or for adult patients wishing to grant access to other adults. As a proxy, you can take advantage of MyChart features as if you were that person. To gain access for another patient, you must complete the Proxy Request Form at your provider’s office.
- Can my spouse and I share the same MyChart account?
Due to the sensitive nature of medical information, each adult must establish their own MyChart account. However, you may authorize access to either of your accounts by completing and returning your proxy forms.
What is an E-Visit?
An E-Visit is a convenient way to contact with your provider for common, non-urgent medical conditions. You can submit a questionnaire regarding your symptoms for a variety of conditions and receive a written response through your MyChart account. A Ballad Health provider will respond during office hours.
View our pre-assesment checklist to see what to do before your visit
Learn more about telehealth visits by video
- What conditions can be treated with an E-Visit?
An E-Visit is an electronic checkup between many Ballad Health primary care providers and their patients about non-emergency health issues, including:
Ages Symptoms/Problem Less than 2 months 2 to 23 months 2 to 17 years 18+ years Acne ✔1 ✔ Breastfeeding problems ✔2 ✔ Cough ✔ ✔ ✔ Diaper rash ✔ ✔3 Diarrhea ✔ ✔ ✔ Fatigue ✔ ✔ Flu/flu-like symptoms ✔ ✔ Hay fever ✔4 ✔ Head lice ✔ ✔ ✔ Headache ✔ ✔ Heartburn ✔ ✔ Insect bite ✔ ✔ ✔ Outer ear/swimmer's ear ✔ ✔ Pink/red eye ✔5 ✔ ✔ Rash/contact dermatitis ✔ ✔ Sinus problems ✔ ✔ Sunburn ✔ ✔ Urinary problems ✔ ✔ Vaginal discharge/irritation ✔ ✔
Chart notes: (1) 12 years & up; (2) 10 years & up; (3) up to 4 years old; (4) 6 years & up; (5) 12 months & up
Requests for refills, handicap placards or work/school notes or letters cannot be addressed during an E-Visit.
If you’re experiencing a medical emergency, please call 911 immediately.
- Who is eligible for an E-Visit?
Established patients of certain Ballad Health practice who have been seen by their provider within the last 12 months
- Can I submit an E-Visit for a family member or my child?
To ensure patient privacy and accurate medical records, you cannot submit an E-Visit for a family member from your MyChart account, even if it’s for someone on your insurance, such as a spouse, parent or child.
- Is a MyChart account required for an E-Visit?
Yes, requesting an E-Visit through your MyChart account ensures your information is private and secure.
- How much does an E-Visit cost?
Each E-Visit costs $30. The $30 fee does not include the cost of prescription medications, lab tests or X-rays, if any are needed.
You can pay for the E-Visit using a credit card or your Health Savings Account (HSA) card. However, Flexible Spending Account (FSA) cards cannot be used.
If your Ballad Health provider determines your medical concerns require an in-person evaluation, you will not be charged for the E-Visit.
- Does my insurance cover my E-Visit?
If you are insured, check with your health insurance provider to see if a telemedicine visit is covered under your plan and determine what the copay or deductible might be.
- Can I use my smartphone or tablet for my E-Visit?
All you need to complete an E-Visit is a Web browser and internet connection. You can use the Web browser on your laptop, desktop computer, smartphone (iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, etc.) or tablet (iPad, Google Nexus, Samsung Galaxy Note, etc.) for an E-Visit.
- How long does an E-Visit take?
You should plan to spend about 15 minutes completing your E-Visit. You cannot save a draft to continue later.
- When can I submit an E-Visit?
You can request an E-Visit online 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- What’s the process for completing an E-Visit?
Follow the steps below to submit your E-Visit:
- Log in to your MyChart account
- If accessing E-Visit in MyChart through the website, click the Visits tab and then click Request an E-Visit. If accessing E-Visit in MyChart through the Ballad Health App, click Request an Appointment and then click E-Visit.
- Read and accept the Terms and Conditions of Use
- Enter your billing, contact and credit card information
- Confirm your credit card information
- Select the reason for your E-Visit from the list of symptom choices
- Select your primary care provider
- Select your preferred pharmacy
- Answer a series of questions, including treatments and medications you’ve tried based on the symptoms you selected
- Preview your responses to ensure the information is complete and accurate
- Submit the E-Visit questionnaire to Ballad Health. If you cancel before clicking Submit, your credit card won’t be charged.
- How do I change an answer after I submit my E-visit form?
If you haven't received an E-Visit response yet, call the provider you specified in your E-Visit and provide the correct information.
If you have received a response, just reply within the E-Visit and let the provider know about the change or the additional information you would like him/her to know.
- Who will respond to my E-Visit?
A Ballad Health provider (physician, physician assistant or nurse practitioner) will review your medical record and responses to the questionnaire to provide personalized treatment recommendations. These providers work in Ballad Health’s primary care physician offices.
- When will Ballad Health respond to my E-Visit?
E-Visits directed to a specific provider will be completed Monday through Friday (except holidays) if your request is entered before 3 p.m. After 3 p.m., E-visits will be completed the following day by 10 a.m.
- How will my provider respond to my request?
Your provider will send you a written treatment plan through your MyChart account. In some cases, the provider might decide it’s best to speak with you by phone. In this case, you’ll be asked to provide a phone number where we can reach you.
A treatment plan may include:
- Advice on how to treat your common, non-urgent condition at home
- Prescriptions (as needed)
- Recommendations to avoid public settings like work or school (as needed)
- Suggestions for medications that do not need to be prescribed (as needed)
- If my symptoms worsen, what should I do?
If your symptoms get worse after completing an E-Visit, please call the office where you E-visit was submitted.
If you have an urgent medical concern or medical emergency, please call 911 immediately.
- If I don’t agree with the recommended treatment or advice, do I have to pay?
Yes, you will have to pay for the E-Visit, even if you don’t agree with the provider’s recommended medical treatment or advice.
- What if I have questions after my E-Visit?
If you have questions about your care, please call the office where the E-Visit was submitted.
- Will I receive a prescription when I submit an E-Visit?
You will receive a prescription if your provider finds it is medically necessary. If you need a prescription, it will be sent directly to the pharmacy you specified.
- Will the E-Visit become part of my medical record?
Yes, the E-Visit will become part of your permanent Ballad Health medical record, and it will be available to healthcare providers who provide you with treatment now and in the future.
- Are my E-Visit and online medical record secure?
Yes, Ballad Health takes great care to ensure your health information is kept private and secure, including E-Visits and your MyChart activity.
Your account can’t be accessed without your unique password. Also, the MyChart system uses the latest 128-bit SSL technology to automatically encrypt your E-Visit session.
Unlike email, you must be securely logged into MyChart to complete your E-Visit.
- I’m having technical difficulties with an E-Visit. Who should I contact?
Please call your Ballad Health primary care provider’s office, and a team member will help you.
Have further questions?
About your care
Please call your primary care provider’s office.
Please call us at 866-517-5873.