You are here
Short- and Long-Term Care, Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation in Kingsport
There are times in life when we need a few extra days – or even weeks or months – to recover from a surgery, injury or illness.
Whether you need rehabilitation after a hospital stay, or you’re looking for a home-like environment that provides long-term rehabilitation, skilled nursing, enhanced respiratory services, medical comfort, hospice or respite care, you can count on Wexford House.
Plus we provide an onsite physician or nurse practitioner seven days a week, year-round.
Why choose Wexford House?
Certifications – for your peace of mind
Wexford House is certified in long-term care and post-acute care by The Joint Commission. This demonstrates our commitment to providing safe, high-quality healthcare and continually working to improve.
Also certified by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), Wexford House is a CMS five-star rated facility – the highest possible score. This rating is based on health inspections, staffing and quality measures. And it provides residents and their families an easy way to assess nursing home quality.
For residents with respiratory needs, we participate in TennCare’s Enhanced Respiratory Care quality improvement initiative. This means you have access to top-of-the-line equipment and medical intervention.
And since we’re committed to being your choice for skilled care, close to home, we’re particularly proud to have been named the Kingsport Times- News Readers’ Choice for best nursing facility for several years.
Services at Wexford
Wexford House offers key medical services for skilled, rehabilitative and restorative care when you need us, including:
- Physician or nurse practitioner evaluation within the first 48 hours of admission
- Physician or nurse practitioner on site 7 days a week
- Hospice care – Compassionate care designed to provide treatment and comfort for those facing a life-limiting illness
- Occupational therapy
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation, both inpatient and outpatient
- Residential custodial care
- Respiratory care – 24/7 respiratory services and ventilator management
- Respite services – 24-hour monitoring by nursing staff while the resident’s family is away
- Restorative therapies – Monitoring and assistance with activities and daily living for residents who aren’t acutely ill
- Short-term stays
- Speech therapy
- Telemedicine consultations
- Wound care
Amenities and activities at Wexford
- 24/7 security surveillance
- Private and semi-private rooms
- Free Wi-Fi
- Rooms equipped for telephone, cable and internet services
- Outdoor courtyards
- Transportation for resident outings
We offer a variety of engaging activities individuals and groups of residents can choose from, including:
- Quality of life program led by a certified activities director
- Community field trips
- Daily activities
- Religious services
- On-site beauty shop
- Movies and entertainment
- Social activities
- Holiday events
Ready to learn more?
Wexford House tours and information
To schedule a personal tour of our facility or find out more information about cost, insurance coverage or the care we provide, please call (423) 288-3988.