The annual Night of Hope and Miracles event will be held Friday, Dec. 6, at 6:30 p.m. in Kingsport ... read more about Foundation to host Night of Hope and Miracles to benefit Niswonger Children’s Hospital.
You are here
MSMG Valve Clinic
Welcome to Mountain States Medical Group – Valve Clinic
Early detection of heart valve disease is an important part of heart care.
Heart valve disease (also called aortic valve stenosis) is often undertreated and underdiagnosed in patients. The symptoms are subtle and may not be detected in a routine physical exam. Also, heart valve disease can happen gradually, and symptoms become noticeable only when there is a serious problem.
Because the best heart care includes early detection, physicians from the top local cardiac specialty groups (ETSU Cardiology, Karing Hearts Cardiology, Mountain States Medical Group, and Mountain States Medical Group CVT Surgery Group) have joined together to create the Heart Valve Clinic at Johnson City Medical Center.
Today, there are two options to replace diseased aortic valves: open heart surgery or minimally invasive transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR). Recommended treatment depends on the severity and progression of the disease. Learn more about aortic stenosis and the NEW TAVR treatment now available at Johnson City Medical Center.
The Heart Valve Clinic at Johnson City Medical Center is here to help! We are dedicated to providing the most advanced, comprehensive approach in the management and treatment of heart valve disease. Our heart team is comprised of experienced cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons, nurse practitioners, and hospital team members to ensure the highest quality of care. Learn more about our team.
This innovative Heart Valve Clinic meets the complete health needs of patients who have heart valve disease. From detection to treatment, our heart team takes care of patients with a convenient, easy-to-manage process. Patients in the Heart Valve Center have access to fast care, with a dedicated valve clinic coordinator who is part of the heart care team. In one visit, patients who visit the Heart Valve Clinic will receive:
- A review of their condition (including tests if necessary)
- A consultation with both a cardiologist and heart surgeon to talk about their condition and treatment options
- The clinic team will review the patient’s medicines, and talk about how to make lifestyle changes for the best possible heart health.
Today, there are two options to replace diseased aortic valves: open heart surgery or minimally invasive transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR).
Recommended treatment depends on the severity and progression of the disease. Learn more about aortic stenosis and the NEW TAVR treatment now available only at Johnson City Medical Center.
Do you have questions about the health of your heart? Take this quick test to determine if you or your loved one may be affected by Valvular Heart Disease.
- Do you ever feel short of breath during your normal activities of daily living?
- Do you ever feel that you are frequently more tired than usual?
- Do you ever feel short of breath when lying down?
- Do you ever feel dizzy?
- Do you ever feel lightheaded when you stand up or move positions?
- Do you ever feel like you may pass out?
- Do you ever feel pain or discomfort in your chest with exercise?
- Do you ever feel unusual heartbeats or palpitations?
- Do you ever feel pain in your chest?
- Have you ever been told you have a heart murmur?
Answers: Daily, every week, once or twice a month, once or twice a year.
If you answered daily or every week, you may be suffering from a heart valve problem. Please contact your cardiologist or the Heart Valve Clinic at (844) 41-VALVE to discuss your symptoms.