You are here
Health Resources Centers
Your source for screenings and important health information
July 2018 Calendars
June 2018 Calendars
Services and programs
We’d love for you to visit one of our two convenient locations. The Health Resources Centers are located inside The Mall at Johnson City and the Fort Henry Mall in Kingsport. At both locations, you'll be able to get up-to-date health information and affordable health screenings.
Open to everyone, our centers are staffed with experienced registered nurses and other health professionals, including a registered dietitian.
We also offer the following services and programs, most of which are FREE!
- Daily blood pressure checks
- Health screenings
- Assistance with becoming smoke-free
- Diabetes self-management classes
- Health seminars
- Physician lectures
- Healthy cooking classes
- Health library – books and brochures
- Referral information
The Health Resources Centers provide support groups when you need emotional comfort and moral support to help cope with any health challenge you may be facing.
Johnson City Health Resources Center support groups
- Alzheimer’s & Dementia
- Mended Hearts
- Mended Little Hearts
- Immune Deficiency
- Multiple Myeloma
Kingsport Health Resources Center support groups
- Alzheimer’s & Dementia
- Better Breathers Club
- Celiac Disease / Gluten Free
- Safe Sharps containers – for safe disposal of lancets and syringes. When your container is full, return it to the HRC to exchange for an empty one.
- Universal Medication Pocket Card [PDF] – a handy way to keep a record of your medications.
- Yellow Dot decal – the decal, to be displayed on the window of your vehicle, is part of a program designed to supply first responders with your medical information in the event of an emergency. Complete a Yellow Dot Emergency Medical Information form and receive a Yellow Dot decal for your car. Be sure to bring a driver’s license or current photo; a copy will be attached to your form for identification purposes.
- BMI (Body Mass Index Chart) – access a copy here online
Two Tri-Cities locations
- The Mall at Johnson City – Located in the lower level of the mall beside the Belk women’s store. Some classes and events are held in the Annex located at the back of the mall between the Belk women’s store and the Belk home store. Enter from Parking Lot #17 and look for the green awning. Open Monday – Saturday, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. Phone: (423) 915-5200
- Fort Henry Mall – Located on the upper level of the mall near JCPenney. Open Monday – Saturday, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. Phone: (423) 857-7981
Health fair speakers and resources
Call one of our Health Resources Centers at a number above to:
- Use an HRC classroom for a program or an event
- Invite the HRC to participate in a local health fair
- Have an HRC representative to speak at your group meeting
We’re glad to help!