You are here
Urgent Care Clinic – Bristol on the Volunteer Parkway
Think of us for all your non-life-threatening injuries and illnesses.
Why wait in an emergency room and get charged a higher fee for a minor illness or injury?
You can receive quick care today – even after hours – from Ballad Health.
Volunteer Parkway clinic hours
- Monday through Friday – 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday – 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
We are located on the Volunteer Parkway where the Med-One clinic used to be, near the Volunteer Parkway Imaging Center, about 15 minutes from Bristol Motor Speedway and Bluff City.
Why choose our urgent care?
Our urgent care clinic offers you and your family:
- Extended weekday and weekend hours – especially helpful when your primary care doctor can’t squeeze you in or isn’t available after hours
- Walk-in clinic convenience – no need for an appointment
- No costly ER fees – urgent care copayment amounts that are usually less than ER copays
The clinic also provides services such as:
- On-site lab services
- Occupational medicine services
- Flu shots
- Sports physicals and school physicals
What conditions can be treated at urgent care?
Urgent care clinics are a great option when you need medical help for non-emergency issues, such as:
- Cold and flu symptoms, including fever and chills, cough, headache and sore throat
- Sinus infections and strep throat
- Sprains and minor bone fractures
- Ear and eye infections
- Small cuts, minor burns or skin rashes
- Urinary tract, pelvic and other minor infections
- Animal or insect bites
When should you go to the ER instead?
Emergency rooms are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week for life-threatening emergencies, traumas and major medical conditions.
Symptoms such as chest pain, difficulty breathing, uncontrollable bleeding, loss of consciousness, sudden changes in vision and coughing or vomiting blood – to name a few important ones – are signs you need to get to an ER.
Don’t take any chances – in case of an emergency, call 911 immediately.