You are here
Cancer Support & Survivorship
Cancer diagnosis, treatment and recovery can be overwhelming. Take comfort from the compassionate, committed cancer care team at Ballad Health.
You and your family will benefit from a wide range of cancer support services and resources available in East Tennessee and Southwest Virginia to strengthen your body, mind, spirit and finances.
Supporting you through your cancer journey
Get encouragement and guidance through every step of your cancer journey from Ballad Health’s cancer navigators.
Our dedicated nurse navigators are skilled specialists who’ll work with you and your family from diagnosis through treatment and recovery.
Learn more about the cancer nurse navigators.
Cancer support services
Ask your Ballad Health cancer care team about taking advantage of the many support services we offer cancer patients, such as:
- American Cancer Society services and support groups – Encourages you to look and feel your best during cancer treatments, includes wig fittings and the Look Good, Feel Better® program at the Health Resources Center in Johnson City, Tennessee
- Behavioral health services – Help you and your family cope with your cancer diagnosis
- Home health care – Delivers personal care and medical services in your home
- Hospice care – Provides compassionate end-of-life care
- Nutrition counseling – Advises you on what to eat and how to manage side effects of cancer treatment
- Palliative care – Relieves cancer symptoms and improves your quality of life during cancer treatment
- Pet therapy – Calms you through contact with animals
- Pharmacy services – Works closely with your cancer care team and insurance to get cancer medicines for your treatment; teaches you how to take your medicines and get help paying for them
- Rehabilitation services – Helps you feel stronger and more energetic; includes lymphedema therapy
- Social work services – Connects you to vital hospital services and community resources such as transportation or lodging, and home health services
- Spiritual care – Supports your religious and spiritual beliefs
Cancer patient financial assistance
Turn to Ballad Health when you need help with paying for cancer care.
Through the Ballad Health Foundation, you may be able to receive assistance for cancer-associated expenses not covered by insurance, such as medications, groceries, personal care items, gas, housing and utilities.
Ask a patient representative for help finding out if you qualify for financial assistance and charity programs.
Cancer support groups
Find a cancer support group to connect you and your family members with other cancer patients, survivors and their families to gain encouragement and advice and to help cope with cancer.
After completing cancer treatment, your cancer care team will provide you with a survivorship care plan to help you stay healthy and follow-up with your doctor for cancer screenings.