You are here
Rehabilitation Services at Johnston Memorial Hospital
Whether you need therapy in the hospital, at our facility or in your home, our skilled therapists will be there for you.
Our caring therapists are trained, experienced, certified and completely dedicated to each patient’s full recovery. We provide a wide range of occupational, physical and speech therapy services — the most comprehensive in the area — for adults and pediatrics. And because we offer complete rehabilitation services under one roof, we can be your trusted partner through every step of your recovery journey. To find out more about how Ballad Health Rehabilitation at Johnston Memorial Hospital can help you get more out of life, contact us at 276-623-0153.
Inspiring stories from our patients and families.
The Story of Daniel’s Dance
Submitted by Daniel's grandmother, Debbie McLeise of Meadowview, Virginia
My grandson, Daniel, age 11, is faced with the many challenges from having cerebral palsy. Daniel has been seeing Stephanie Gibson for the past four years. We began our journey with him in need of assistance in almost everything he did. With a contagious, joyful spirit, Stephanie has interacted with him in a way that seems more like playing rather than “hard work.” Daniel arrives ready to work and leaves with a smile on his face each and every session. Her efforts have brought him from the wheelchair to his walker.
Physical therapy services for patients who have physical disabilities that cause pain, decreased mobility or reduced range of motion:
- Flexibility and reconditioning therapy
- Incontinence treatment
- Joint replacement rehabilitation
- Lymphedema therapy
- Myofascial release therapy
- Neck and back pain management
- Neuropathy treatment
- Osteoporosis management
- Pre- and post-operative therapy
- TMJ therapy
- Treatment for neurological disorders (stroke, ALS, MS, head injury)
Occupational therapy services for patients who need help to regain independent living skills:
- Activities of daily living (dressing, grooming, bathing, etc.) therapy
- Brain injury therapy
- Cognitive retraining (organization, time management)
- Fine motor coordination and gross motor skill therapy
- Hand therapy specialty
- Sensory motor/sensory integration therapy
Speech therapy services for patients with a speech/language problem or a swallowing disorder:
- Articulation disorder (speech sound production disorder) therapy
- Cognitive communication disorder therapy
- Motor speech disorder therapy
- Swallowing dysfunction therapy