You are here
Ballad Health Nursing Institute
Nursing internships, residency programs and graduate opportunities at Ballad Health
Ballad Health offers a variety of available nursing programs for students.
We’re ready to invest in you by providing essential clinical, financial and employment opportunities while you’re a student. We want you to get to know the wonderful care we provide and make Ballad Health your employer of choice.
Nurse intern program for registered nurse and licensed practical nurse students
Ballad Health offers a nursing internship program for students currently enrolled in a BSN, ADN or LPN program.
The nurse intern program helps students gain confidence and experience for their nursing career – all while earning an income.
- Gain hands-on experience in key care delivery areas
- Network with skilled nursing leaders and professionals
- Find the field of nursing that works for you before you transition to your RN or LPN career
Learn more about the nurse intern program and how you can apply.
Graduate nurse program for new grad nursing students
Congratulations! You’ve completed your RN / LPN graduation and you’re working to obtain your RN / LPN license.
We would love for you to start your nursing career with us. At Ballad Health, we strive to listen to our patients and their stories to help us provide the perfect care solution.
We’re proud to have a team of diverse caregivers who excel in their roles and can utilize our resources to meet their career goals.
Ballad Health is here to help you make the right decision to start a successful nursing career.
Grad nurse qualifications
- Completion of your RN or LPN degree as demonstrated by an official transcript or diploma
- Application to an open RN or LPN position
Registered nurse residency program
Why choose the Ballad Health nurse residency program?
The Ballad Health Successful Transition into Excellence Practice (STEP) nurse residency programs provides graduate nurses with the tools they need to kickstart a rewarding career in nursing.
We’re ready to invest in you and your success.
- Resources to increase competence, confidence and critical thinking skills on the job
- Continued professional development opportunities, including certification reimbursement, tuition assistance and career development programs
- Mentoring opportunities – which are optional – to provide support and facilitate professional relationships
- Continued education that builds upon the knowledge and experience new grads gain in the academic setting
STEP program details
Every graduate nurse is placed in the nurse residency program as part of Ballad Health’s formal onboarding process. All graduates must participate in an 8- to 12-month evidence-based residency program, depending on their specialty.
- Trained preceptor assignments
- Classes consisting of evidence-based content, simulation, hands-on activities and skill review
- Seminars on professional growth and development
How to apply
There is no additional application required for the STEP residency program. Once you accept an RN position, you’ll automatically be enrolled.
Registered nurse or licensed practical nurse opportunities
Now that you’ve obtained your RN / LPN license, we’re excited to help you get your career started!
After you successfully pass your NCLEX and obtain your registered nurse or licensed practical nurse license, you will transition from graduate nurse to registered nurse or licensed practical nurse.
Click the button below to apply to an open RN or LPN position at a Ballad Health facility!
Student aid and other resources
For additional information about the nurse intern program, STEP, financial assistance and more, please contact one of our recruiters at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (423) 302-3299.