You are here
Ballad Health Nursing Institute
Ballad Health offers a wide variety of opportunities available for nursing students, and welcomes students to participate as nurse interns to gain experience and confidence.
The nurse intern programs allow students to participate in hands-on learning experiences under the guidance of registered nurses.
Nurse intern I program
After successful completion of the Foundations/Fundamentals of Nursing course, the nursing student may be hired as nurse intern I. The role of the nurse intern I on the unit is similar to that of a CNA.
Nurse intern I qualifications
- Enrollment in a BSN or ADN program at an accredited school of nursing
- Successful completion of Foundations/Fundamentals of Nursing and first clinical rotation as evidenced by an official transcript
- Successful completion of AHA Basic Life Support course
- Letter of recommendation from two (2) nursing instructors
Nurse intern II program
The nurse intern II program is a seven-week program offered during the summer prior to graduation.
This learning experience is designed to assist the nursing student in bridging the gap between theory and clinical practice. The program consists of classroom lectures, professional practice labs, specific skill training, and clinical rotation experiences to enhance the development of essential knowledge and skills. The program allows the student to be involved in many activities of care for patients in care delivery areas.
Students accepted into the program will earn a salary while gaining valuable patient care knowledge and clinical competencies.
The student will work under the direction of experienced nurses and clinical leaders who have a variety of nursing-related expertise. The rotation through selected clinical areas will assist the student in identifying professional development needs and future career opportunities.
- Assist in the transition from student nurse to professional RN practice
- Provide experiences to increase awareness of the nursing scope of practice
- Develop the future nurse's critical-thinking and professional communication skills
- Advance the capacity of the future nurse to deliver patient care that includes clinical best practices, delivered through patient-centered approaches.
- Enrollment in a BSN or ADN nursing program
- Expected graduation date within next two semesters
- GPA of 3.0 or above preferred
- Two letters of recommendation from nursing instructors
- Online application and essay
- Ballad Health pre-hire assessment
Selection is based on satisfactory references, GPA, pre-hire assessment results and interview. Students must demonstrate motivation and commitment to the professional practice of nursing. They should also express interest in employment with Ballad Health following graduation.
All new team members will attend Ballad Health orientation. Before clinical rotations begin, each nurse intern II will receive orientation specific to the role.
The nurse intern II will work with a RN preceptor during clinical rotations. These rotations may consist of days, evenings and nights. Most shifts are 12 hours. Depending on the schedule of your preceptor, you may also be required to work every other weekend and night shift.
Nurse Intern III program
This is an exciting time as you are staring your senior year in nursing school. The advantages in this position is to network with our nursing leaders, determine the field of nursing you want to start your RN career, and become more comfortable working with patient, nurses and physicians. The role of a nurse intern III on the unit is similar to that of a CNA.
Nurse Intern III qualifications
- After completion of Nurse Intern II program or senior RN student within two semesters of RN graduation.
- Official transcript stating 3.0 GPA
Congratulations! You have completed your RN graduation. This is the time between completion of your nursing degree and obtaining your RN license. We would love you to start your nursing career with us. Ballad Health got the name as we listen to our patients and their story so that we can provide excellent care to them. We also know you have a story too about why you went into nursing as well as your goals for your career. Our desire is to match your interest with our openings so that you can begin a successful career with us and our wonderful team of caregivers.
Graduate Nurse Qualifications
- After completion of your RN degree as evidence by an official transcript or diploma
For additional information related to the Nurse Intern Program or Graduate Nurse Positions, please contact one of our recruiters at: