Ballad Health Chief Executive Officer and Executive Chairman Alan Levine has been selected by Governor Bill Lee to serve on Tennessee’s newly-created charter school commission. ... read more about Gov. Lee selects Ballad Health CEO to serve on Tennessee charter school commission.
You are here
Ear, Nose & Throat
Ear, Nose & Throat
Your head and neck contain the parts of the body that help you communicate with and understand the world around you. Keep them healthy by visiting an ear, nose and throat (ENT) specialist at one of Ballad Health's East Tennessee or Southwest Virginia locations.
Conditions we treat
Get a diagnosis and treatment for many conditions affecting your sinuses, neck, face, voice, ears or hearing ability:
- Balance disorders
- Deviated septum
- Ear infections
- Face injuries
- Hearing difficulty
- Loss of smell
- Sinusitis (swollen nasal passages)
- Swallowing disorders
- Thyroid lumps
- Tinnitus (ringing in the ears)
- Tonsillitis (swollen tonsils)
- Vocal cord disorders
If you have symptoms of an ear, nose or throat condition, your doctor may ask you to get one or more of these tests:
- Electronystagmography (ENG) – Records eye movement to test your body’s balance system
- Hearing tests and hearing-aid exams – Check how well you hear and what hearing aids might help you
- Nasal endoscopy – Uses a tiny tube and camera to look at the inside of your nose
Choose Ballad Health for expert care when you need procedures such as:
- Abscess incision and drainage – Releases pus built up under the skin
- Adenoidectomy and tonsillectomy – Removes glands in the roof of the mouth, as well as the tonsils, to treat frequent throat or ear infections or trouble breathing
- Balloon sinuplasty – Inflates tiny balloons in your sinus passages to relieve long-lasting nasal congestion and pain
- Ear tube placement – Lets fluid flow out of the middle ear to help prevent ear infections
- Endoscopic stapling – Treats Zenker’s Diverticulum, or trouble swallowing
- Septoplasty – Straightens the wall between your two nostrils
- Skin lesion removal and reconstruction – Gets rid of lumps, moles, cysts and other small skin growths and then repairs the skin afterward
- Thyroidectomy – Removes all or part of your thyroid gland to treat cancer or another thyroid condition
- Tracheostomy care – Tends to the hole a doctor made in your neck to make breathing easier
- Voice restoration surgery – Uses a small device to help you communicate if a surgeon removed your vocal cords
Image-guided sinus surgery
During sinus surgery, your surgeon may use Ballad Health technology that shows a picture of the inside of your sinuses. That means he or she knows exactly where to put the surgical tools and can help you get a better outcome.
For some surgeries on your mouth or throat, a surgeon may control a robotic tool with arms that move more steadily, precisely and fully than human hands.
Your surgeon also may use a special nerve monitoring system that helps him or her protect your health during treatment.
Find a Specialist
View Ballad Health’s network of doctors and search by name, specialty, condition, gender and location. Or call 833-8-BALLAD for help finding a provider who offers the specific care you need.
Ear, Nose & Throat Locations
Kingsport, TN 37660
Johnson City, TN 37604
Abingdon, VA 24211