Cardiovascular and thoracic surgeons in East Tennessee and Southwest Virginia perform a wide range of surgical techniques, from open-heart surgery to minimally invasive procedures.
Cardiothoracic & Thoracic Procedures
- Heart bypass grafting
- Repair and/or replacement of heart valves
- Repair of aortic aneurysms
- Pacemaker implants
- Transmyocardial laser revascularization (TMR)
- Endoscopic vein harvest for bypass surgery
- Advanced ventricular support devices
- Repair of congenital heart defects (such as ASD, VSD, PDA) in both adult and pediatric patients
- Surgical treatment for atrial fibrillation
- VATS (Video-Assisted Thoracic Surgery)
- VATS Lobectomy
- VATS Lung Biopsy
- Endoscopic Saphenous Vein Harvest
Robotic-assisted cardiothoracic/thoracic surgery
Ballad Health offers robotic-assisted surgery as an option for some cardiothoracic/thoracic procedures in many of our facilities.
Robotic-assisted surgery with the da Vinci® surgical system gives your surgeon the most precise tools available to perform delicate procedures with smaller incisions and better outcomes.
Learn more about robotic-assisted surgery.