When conservative back treatments don’t lessen your pain or improve mobility, find the relief you need from your back condition with surgery at Ballad Health. You can trust our board-certified neurosurgeons to treat your condition and get you back to an active lifestyle as quickly as possible.
Recognized for high-quality care
Feel confident when you choose Ballad Health for your spine surgery. The following hospitals have been recognized for their high-quality care:
- Bristol Regional Medical Center, Holston Valley Medical Center and Johnson City Medical Center are each designated a Blue Distinction Center+ for Spine Surgery by BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee for affordable, high-level care; treatment expertise and overall better patient results.
- Bristol Regional Medical Center and Holston Valley Medical Center are designated as UnitedHealth Premium® Surgical Spine Specialty Centers for top-quality, cost-efficient spine care.
- We offer both minimally invasive and traditional approaches to spine surgery, to ensure you receive the best treatment possible for your unique needs.
Conditions we treat
Turn to the Ballad Health team of experienced surgeons to treat spine conditions, such as:
- Acute and chronic back and neck pain
- Bone spurs in the neck or back
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Cervical and lumbar disc disease
- Complex spinal disease
- Compression fractures
- Degenerative disc disease
- Minimally invasive surgeries for disc and fusion
- Ruptured or herniated discs
- Spina bifida
- Spinal cord injuries
- Spinal deformities
- Spinal stenosis
Back & neck surgeries we offer
Find a wide range of surgeries for your neck and upper and lower back at Ballad Health, including:
- Disc replacement – Inserts an artificial disc in place of a painful disc in the neck or lower back
- Spinal cord stimulators
- Spinal fusion
- Spinal stabilization – Implants a device to help stabilize the spine
- Total facet arthroplasty – Replaces facet joints in the back of the spine with prosthetic devices
Minimally invasive back surgery
When possible, a Ballad Health surgeon will perform your spine procedure using a minimally invasive surgical technique that uses small incisions, reduces pain after surgery and speeds recovery.
Your spine surgery care team
Your well-rounded care team will include specially trained spine physicians, nurses and physical and occupational therapists. You’ll receive a complete treatment plan from your care team and learn what to expect before surgery and how to improve your recovery.
Recovering after spine surgery
Get help to regain movement after back surgery from neurologic rehabilitation at Ballad Health.