Schedule your sleep study today
Sleep is one of the most crucial parts of a healthy lifestyle. Despite this, only about 16% of Americans say that they don’t feel abnormally sleepy during an average week.
You may be living with a sleep condition if you’re experiencing:
- Drowsiness during the day
- Frequent headaches
- Irregular sleep patterns
- Nights where you’re struggling to fall asleep
If you’re dealing with any of these symptoms, you may need to schedule a sleep study at Hawkins County Memorial Sleep Evaluation Center.
Source: NSF 2020 Sleep in America Poll
Common sleep conditions
Our team at Hawkins County Memorial Sleep Evaluation Center offers treatment for a wide variety of sleep conditions that are common in the Rogersville community.
- Sleep apnea – When breathing continuously stops and starts during sleep
- Circadian rhythm sleep disorder (CRSD) – Trouble going to sleep or waking up at the right time
- Periodic limb movement disorder (PLMD) – Frequent body movements that prevent sleep
- REM behavior disorders – Acting out dreams during sleep
- Nightmares and night terrors
- Restless leg syndrome (RLS)
Services we offer
Our sleep diagnostic team provides services such as:
- Home sleep testing (HST)
- Sleep disorder consultations with board-certified sleep physicians and supervised sleep clinicians
- CPAP management and follow-up
- Onsite sleep diagnostic testing for sleep apnea, undetermined excessive daytime sleepiness, RLS and insomnia
About your Rogersville sleep center
Hawkins County Memorial Sleep Evaluation Center is here to help Hawkins County rest easy. All patient rooms are designed to feel like a bedroom in your own home.
We currently have two beds available for onsite sleep examinations.
Daytime sleep studies
Our team is happy to accommodate patients who require a daytime sleep study.
For those who work third shift or have abnormal sleep patterns, it’s important for our test to match your normal sleep routine in as many ways as possible.
Pediatric sleep studies
We do see pediatric patients at Hawkins County Memorial Sleep Evaluation Center.
The presence of a parent or guardian is required during a child’s sleep examination. We offer a separate room for the parent to stay in during pediatric sleep tests.
What to expect during a sleep study
Your treatment may include an overnight sleep study.
Some sleep studies can be done on site at Hawkins County Memorial Sleep Evaluation Center, while other sleep exams can be completed in your home.
For more info about sleep studies and conditions – and to read answers to some of the other common questions we see – visit our sleep care and treatment page.
How to prepare for your sleep exam
Before your sleep evaluation, we do ask that you take a few extra steps to make sure that we’re able to collect the most useful information possible.
- Avoid drinking caffeine or taking naps on the day of the study.
- Don’t use hairspray, lotions or makeup, as these can make it difficult to apply the sensors that read your sleep habits.
What to bring
You can bring your own loose-fitting pajamas. You're also welcome to bring anything that will make you feel more comfortable - such as a laptop, book or magazine.
We aim to make your stay as comfortable as possible, so there's no need to bring pillows or blankets – all will be provided for you!
Also, be sure to bring:
- A list of your current medications
- Photo ID
- Insurance card
After your sleep study
We always want to ensure that you are an active part of your treatment solution.
After your sleep exam, one of our sleep specialists will reach out to you to discuss the findings of your test and suggest possible treatments to match your diagnosis.
Hours of operation
Our sleep clinic is open every other Wednesday from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
We’re open for nighttime sleep studies on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday nights from around 7:30 p.m. to 7 a.m.
Due to novel coronavirus (COVID-19), this office is not staffed daily. If you’re in need of immediate assistance for scheduling or have questions, you can call our Kingsport sleep center at (423) 857-7011.