The first freestanding hospice center in Tennessee
Ballad Health’s Hospice House is an 8-bed, private-room facility.
Our hospice team provides skilled care around the clock for patients facing a life-limiting disease or condition.
Care for end-stage illnesses
The facility offers inpatient care in a comfortable setting for those with end-stage illnesses.
Patients can be admitted to the Hospice House for acute management of symptoms or for the final days of life.
Patients can also be admitted for respite care. Respite is a level of care that provides relief for weary caregivers.
Who is hospice for?
Hospice provides compassionate, professional care to those with diseases that can no longer be treated.
Before receiving hospice care, patients have usually attempted all available treatment options or chosen to focus on comfort and quality of life rather than a cure.
Ballad Health’s Hospice House serves people of all ages, with special awareness of the needs of pediatric and adolescent patients. And we offer many hospice services for every stage of our patients’ experiences.
Services at the Hospice House
Above all, we strive to:
- Help patients remain comfortable, alert and able to participate in life as fully as possible
- Make it possible for the family to focus on their loved one through the end of life
Our hospice services include:
- Thorough assessments – to help manage pain and control symptoms
- Skilled nursing – with regular scheduled visits and 24-hour on-call availability
- Counseling services – including emotional and spiritual support
- Arrangements for medical equipment and supplies
- Home health aide services – including assistance with personal care
- Social work services – such as helping coordinate community agencies, resources and support systems for patient and family needs and providing assistance with resolution-of-life issues and end-of-life preparations
- Volunteer services – such as light housekeeping, transportation, caregiver relief, grocery shopping and errands
- Twelve months bereavement follow-up for families – free of charge
A holistic, team approach to hospice care
Hospice focuses on relieving symptoms and giving patients the chance to remain comfortable and enjoy life in their final days or months.
All hospice care at Ballad Health includes:
- Emotional and spiritual support
- Medical supplies and equipment
- Medications for symptom control and pain relief
- Physician support
- Physical care
The Hospice House team
Hospice care is provided through a skilled and compassionate team that includes:
- Registered nurses
- Licensed practical nurses
- Certified nursing assistants
- Social workers
About the facility
The Hospice House is located near Bristol Regional Medical Center. It features beautiful décor and all the amenities of home.
Every patient room is private and opens to a private patio.
Hospice House features:
- A great room
- Family kitchen and dining room
- Areas for privacy and quiet meditation
The hospice house is open to family and friends 24 hours a day.
They are welcome to spend the night if they desire.
Where can I learn more?
Please call (423) 844-5252 to learn more about the Hospice House in Bristol.
Or find out more about Ballad Health’s hospice services here.