The coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic has challenged us all – from our frontline healthcare workers working tireless to help patients; to parents juggling the demanding needs of work, school and family life from home; to businesses that have had to make radical decisions to survive in the face of stay-at-home orders.
But through it all, we’ve come together to protect ourselves and each other from this potentially deadly disease.
CDC and Dept. of Health guidelines
Now, as we work to reopen our nation and region while still fighting COVID-19, Ballad Health recommends following Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Department of Health guidelines for reopening public spaces, workplaces, businesses and schools that reduce the risk of exposure, including:
- Encouraging and modeling safe practices such as avoiding touching the eyes, nose and mouth and staying home when sick
- Enforcing physical distancing requirements of 6 feet or more, even between your employees
- Frequently wiping down, washing and disinfecting high-touch public areas, including doors, tables, restrooms, touch screens and countertops
- Installing hand sanitizer and handwashing stations for the public and employees
- Making adjustments to your business practices and environments that can lessen the virus’ spread, such as improving ventilation, removing items from common areas and installing non-porous seating/waiting areas
- Requiring masks be worn by employees, customers, clients and yourself at all times
Free resources for your business
We’re providing several fliers and documents with this toolkit, which can be printed and posted in your business.
These guides help illustrate the efficacy of infection prevention measures, as well as some how-to instructions for creating masks and maintaining healthy habits.
- We All Have Responsibility poster [PDF, 253 KB]
- No-Sew Mask Instructions poster [PDF, 110 KB]
- Cleaning Cloth Masks poster [PDF, 27 KB]
- Wearing a Mask poster [PDF, 822 KB]
- Probability of Contagion poster [PDF, 708 KB]
- COVID-19 Response poster [PDF, 680 KB]
Our commitment to you
While you foster and further business practices that reduce the spread of COVID-19, Ballad Health is committed to the health of the Appalachian Highlands.
We’ve made it easier and faster for members of our communities to be tested for COVID-19.
Strict prevention guidelines
We’re maintaining stringent infection prevention guidelines, including:
- Sreenings for all visitors
- Providing masks for patients, visitors and our team members
- Visitor restrictions
Also, because nothing should keep you from receiving the care you need, most Ballad Health providers now offer telehealth visits through our Connected Care program, along with our Telehealth Urgent Care, which is available every day from the comfort of your home.
Learn more about COVID-19
Think you have COVID-19?
If you think you could be at risk for COVID-19, please call 833-822-5523 to be screened and tested.
For this next chapter for the Appalachian Highlands, much is still unknown.
But one thing will always remain true: We’re in this together.
And together, we will move forward – safely.