You are here
Johnson County Community Hospital
New hospital visitation restrictions
Effective Saturday, March 21, Ballad Health will not allow visitors in its inpatient hospital units, long-term care facilities or behavioral health centers.
These measures are to help contain coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). Limited exceptions to these restrictions may apply to:
- Birthing centers
- Pediatric departments
- Emergency departments
- End-of-life and other extraordinary long-term care situations
Please read more about these visitation restrictions.
Johnson County Community Hospital offers hometown inpatient care coupled with a state-of-the-art 24-hour emergency department. The hospital serves the upper northeast tip of Tennessee and parts of North Carolina and Southwest Virginia.
The two-bed hospital offers outpatient and primary care services provided by Ballad Health Rural Health Clinic – Johnson County.
Additionally, Johnson County Community Hospital provides Senior Health Solutions, a behavioral health program for seniors dealing with stress and/or sadness brought on by aging or personal loss.
Hospital outreach personnel provide health education at community events, and on-site influenza vaccines to local industry. The facility is conveniently located next to downtown on South Shady Street (U.S. Route 421).
- Cardiac rehab
- Cardiac ultrasound
- Cardio pulmonary services
- EKG (electrocardiogram)
- Event monitor
- Holter monitor
- Nuclear medicine/stress testing
- Spirometry (pulmonary function testing)
- In home sleep studies
- Pulmonary rehab
- Wrist oximeter (monitors oxygen levels overnight)
- Brain injury
- Cardiac, PT
- Neurological/neuromuscular problems
- Orthopedic pediatrics
- Theumatologic impairments
- 24/7, 365 days a year
- Physician staffed
Behavioral health solutions
- Intensive outpatient program consisting of counseling and therapy for adults age 55 and older dealing with depression, loneliness, and loss of a spouse.
Outpatient diagnostic imaging
- Ankle brachial index (ABI’s)
- Bone density/DEXA scans
- Digital mammography
- MRI (mobile unit 4 days a month)
- Nuclear medicine
- Bone scans
- Thyroid scans
- HIDA scans
- Renal scans
- Gastric emptying
- MUGA scans
- Scoliosis series (X-ray for detecting curving of the spine)
- 24/7 Outpatient lab
- Any medication infusions except chemotherapy
- Iron infusions
- IV antibiotics
- IV fluids
- Port flushes
- Cardiology – Dr. Khan
- Cardiology – Dr. Smith
- Diabetes – Dr. Beasy (telemedicine)
- Pulmonary – Dr. Lambert (telemedicine)
Medical care and community impact reports
Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA)
Johnson County Community Hospital CHNA [PDF – opens in new window]
CMS price transparency
Johnson County Community chargemaster standard charges [CSV file, 202KB]
Johnson County Community average charges by DRG [CSV file, 38KB]
Metrics by MS-DRG*
Johnson County Community MS-DRG metrics [PDF, 21KB], fiscal 2019
*MS-DRGs are Medicare Severity Diagnosis Related Groups.
Expand a section below to read more about Johnson County Community Hospital and our community.
If you need to spend the night in Mountain City:
450 Dotson Lane
Mountain City, TN