You are here
Hawkins County Memorial Hospital
Updated hospital visitation restrictions
Ballad Health is currently allowing 1 visitor for each patient at a time.
Please note that this only applies to inpatient hospital units and surgery. Labor and delivery units will allow 2 visitors per room.
Visitation is not currently permitted in rooms with COVID-19 positive patients. Exceptions include:
- COVID-19 positive patients in labor and delivery units, who will be allowed one visitor during the entirety of their hospital stay
- COVID-19 positive patients in the neonatal intensive care unit at Niswonger Children's Hospital and in pediatric rooms, who will be allowed two visitors that must be parents/guardians
Inpatient support persons – or visitors – will only be allowed on site from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. However, one visitor may remain with the patient overnight, and this visitor must be in the facility prior to 8 p.m. Visitors who remain with the patient after 8 p.m. will stay in the patient room. If the visitor remaining with the patient after 8 p.m. leaves the facility at any point during the night, they will not be permitted for re-entry until 8 a.m.
Exceptions may be made during extenuating circumstances or in the case of end-of-life care.
Screenings and face mask requirements
Each visitor will be screened for potential signs of illness and required to wear a cloth face covering, which they need to provide for themselves.
Due to the increased risk of virus transmission, masks with vents and/or valves are not permitted.
These measures are to help contain coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
Please read more about these visitation restrictions.
Hawkins County Memorial Hospital has served the Rogersville, Tenn. area since 1961.
The hospital medical staff is made up entirely of board-certified physicians. That means these physicians are specialists in their fields, providing high-tech care in a hometown setting.
Hospital services include the very best in emergency care, physical therapy, pulmonology, surgery, intensive care, sleep medicine and diagnostic imaging, including CT, MRI and nuclear medicine.
Hawkins County Memorial also offers outpatient specialty clinics for gastroenterology, spine and rehabilitation, podiatry, and ear, nose and throat services.
Awards & accolades
For three consecutive years, Hawkins County Memorial Hospital has earned national recognition as an IBM Watson Health 100 Top Hospital. To be among the best in the nation year after year says so much about the great team we have working at Hawkins County Memorial.
- General visiting hours: Open visiting hours until 10 p.m.
- More than 50 board-certified physicians
- 160 nurses, technicians and support staff
- Lindy White – President of Ballad Health northwest market
- Rebecca Beck – Vice president & chief operating officer
- Dr. Herb Ladley – Chief medical officer
- Andrew Wampler – Vice president of finance, hospital division
- Regina Day – Administrator
Medical care and community impact reports
Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA)
Hawkins County Memorial CHNA [PDF – opens in new window]
CMS price transparency
Hawkins County Memorial chargemaster standard charges [CSV file, 551KB]
Hawkins County Memorial average charges by DRG [CSV file, 15KB]
Metrics by MS-DRG*
Hawkins County Memorial MS-DRG Metrics [PDF, 24KB], fiscal 2019
View more Ballad Health MS-DRG metrics here.
*MS-DRGs are Medicare Severity Diagnosis Related Groups.