Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) Program – Virginia
(276) 378-1804 or (276) 378-1809
Thank you for your interest in the free Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) Program.
The Ballad Health Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) Program will present the basics of bedside patient care under the guidelines of federal and state requirements. Participants who successfully complete the course will meet criteria to sit for the state certification examination which Ballad Health covers.
Our staff are working hard to answer all questions and update our practices during this unprecedented time.
Please continue to follow recommendations from CDC and community leaders regarding safe practices of handwashing, social distancing, and staying home.
- At least 17 years of age and 6 months of high school graduation
- High school diploma or GED or be within 6 months of graduation
- Completion of criminal/health-related board background check
- Flu vaccine is required during flu season and will be administered during the physical in order to complete Course Clinical Requirements.
- Flu Season is October through April unless otherwise instructed by Ballad Health Infection Prevention.
All requirements MUST BE MET to be accepted into class.
- The student will be required to wear solid navy-blue scrubs for class
To apply for CNA/nurse aide training
Follow the link below to complete the online application. When the application has been received you will be sent an email acknowledgement within 2-3 days with instructions on next steps. Please note that much of the correspondence for enrollment in this class is via email, so please ensure your email address is accurate.
- Complete the online application
- Complete the interview questionnaire and email it to CNAProgram@balladhealth.org
- Complete the online background check. Email instructions will be provided with an individualized link to complete free of charge.
- After the interview questionnaire and background check is complete you will be contacted to schedule your physical/drug screen free of charge.
For more information, email CNAProgram@balladhealth.org.
Availability, course length and location
This course contains 80 hours classroom time with 40 hours supervised clinical time to follow. Please check the class schedule for upcoming classes. Class days/hours vary. Monday - Thursday for 6 weeks, including 40 hours of clinical (clinical schedules will vary according to the number of students/instructors per class).
Goals and objectives
Complete listing of course goals and objectives provided during class.
- Course hours will be held at Francis Marion Manor Health & Rehabilitation, located at 100 Francis Marion Lane, Marion, VA 24354, Phone: (276) 378-1800.
- Please refer to the class schedule for locations.
- Classes are available in multiple scheduling formats: Full-time, part-time, days and evenings and online.
- The student will be able to demonstrate safe, competent care of long-term care and hospitalized patients upon completion of the course.